• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rev Bedford's Sunday School Lesson To RAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well at least this made for an intersting thread. Just wasted 10 minutes of my night.

I woulda wasted them anyway

Sounds like an excellent case of hostile workplace for an employee who's had an abortion to take to the Department of Labor.

Doesn't "sound like" a case of harrassment. It undoubtedly is harrassment of anyone considering or someone who has had an abortion. It is totally out of place.

Now here's what I'd like to see happen next. Someone needs to put together a preachy piece with a different viewpoint, say one that advocates gay marriage, and start posting it on the bulletin boards and using the company email system to spread it.

Of course they'll be fired just like you or I would for inappropriate use of company resources. That person then finds a good lawyer who uses Bedford's email to show that the standards are clearly not being enforced. Anyone know the limits on punitive damages in a wrongful termination suit wherever that company is headquartered? Be a good opportunity for someone who is planning to leave anyway to pick up a lovely parting gift in the form of a cash settlement.

Crap like this has no place in the office. I go to church on Sunday if I'm not flying. That's where I expect to hear religious commentary. Not at work. And highly charged controversial subjects like abortion are the epitome of what not to talk about in the office.

Pro Life, Pro Choice, Pro...fessional. Bryan Bedford has to learn that there is a time and a place for everything. His weekly letter for the troops is neither the time nor the place for this topic.

Thanks Boilerup, glad to see someone understands. Like the avitar by the way.

Flapjack, your right. It isn't win or lose. I'm not trying to win anything. I'm just saying with that everybody here sees and hears opinions every day they disagree with. Why is it all of a sudden our CEO says something that has been discussed in the media for years and years and they're crying for his head? The abortion issue is nothing new. You're either for it, against it, or somewhere in the middle.

Has anyone written the management team at Delta for donating money to gay rights festivals/parades while at the same time taking pay cuts from their employees? BB may rant about something that is a sensitive issue but thats all he's doing. He's not forcing pay cuts onto us and at the same time donating money to anti-abortion groups.

http://www.slrobertson.com/ga-gay-pride.htm

http://www.southernvoice.com/2005/9-30/news/localnews/localnews_delta.cfm

And American of course,
http://news.cheapflights.com/airlines/2005/11/american_adds_g.html

So where's the outrage? Major airlines in financial struggles to make money are GIVING money to controversial special interests groups. Oh that's right. It's all politically correct and nobodys going to attack that.

Drizzle,
Huh?

Last edited:
Our CRJ program IS up and running

Sounds like it, and hiring SIM instructors with one year experience who need not be typed on the aircraft!

http://www.chqair.com/newCareerDisplay.asp?jobid=541

SIM INSTRUCTOR
Indianapolis, IN
Full-Time
Experience

Must meet FAA certification as a check airman.
Must have one year operating experience with Republic Holdings.
Will report to the CRJ-200 Program Manager.
Must be able to obtain a type on the CRJ-200.
Prefer previous experience on the CRJ-200

So BB is "imposing" his views on you???? Grow Up!!! You poor, helpless basket cases. We Americans are so freakin' soft and spoiled.

How about I threaten to cut your head off with a blunt edge if you don't bow down to Allah. Sorry, that's not imposing...it's freedom of speech!

Oh No! I just saw a cross!!! Oh no!!! Someone on TV just said "God"!!!!!!! Oh no!!! It's a nativity scene on a church lawn!!!!!!!!! I can't take this!!!!

Please someone help!!! Call the ACLU. Call President Hillary. Call the media!!!! I don't think I can last any longer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
To support this sort of bully pulpitting from the CEO of a publicly traded company, directed at his employees, in the company update forum, intended to discuss company matters, and in a forum where nobody may challenge him oversteps so many ethical boundaries that it's not even funny.

If you don't agree, imagine if instead he stated something along the lines of:

"I am gravely concerned for those of you who have not accepted Jesus. Only through accepting Him may you find salvation. Millions across the world who have not found Him are lost to the eternal fires of he11 each year and this is perhaps life's greatest tragedy."

That would not differ greatly from what he actually proselytized. Perhaps his comments, or the imagined ones above are appropriate for a preacher or politician. He is currently neither and used the wrong forum for this issue. The Reverend B forgets that he currently serves his flock as CEO, not clergy member.

It takes alot of balls for someone to publish a letter like that..If you dont like what he has to say dont read it. I think he has a lot of good points. I dont know why some of the idiots on here feel the need to attack someone for writing what they believe. Thats why this world is going down the craper..because people feel the need to attack someone for speaking what he feels is right....If you dont like it try spending a little time writing a public post with your name on it explaining your views on life and see if you have the balls to take what the public has to says about you. I say good job Brian, I just sorry it brought out all the Flaimers with nothing else better in there life but to attack you....Good Job...and for anyone that has something to say about me....BLOW ME>>>> and Im out.

Now here's what I'd like to see happen next. Someone needs to put together a preachy piece with a different viewpoint, say one that advocates gay marriage, and start posting it on the bulletin boards and using the company email system to spread it.
In addition to being a flight crew member, I have a double master's in theology and am an ordained clergy person. As part of my studies I had to write an argument *for* abortion based on scripture, tradition, interpretation and medical science (how's that for mixing up the pot?). You can bet that I'd NEVER be allowed to say ONE WORD at work about that.

I believe he ABSOLUTLY has the RIGHT to think anything he said. He doesn't, however, have the right to post that under "company news." Unless he were to provide an equal and protected forum under which an opposite view may be expressed (like anyone would), it's considered, in a legal sense, a bully-pulpit. That's not just me speaking...that's labor law experts with whom I've spoken.

All you Right Wing folks who will mock this issue we're having will accuse the "left wing unions" and "liberal media" of trying to silence Pastor Bedford. We're not. He can think and say what he wants...in the appropriate forum. *I* can't discuss this at work, he shouldn't either.

Here's another example of the (typically) pilot group, which tends to be white and conservative, hating the union and progressive thought--unless it's about scope, CBA's, and their pensions.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back