• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rev Bedford's Sunday School Lesson To RAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I completely agree with the guy, but regardless of whether he posted that or some liberal bull crap, I wouldn't complain if RAH is doing as well as you all say it is. Apparently he is running a good company.

See Ya'll in Church!!!!

For everyone who was bothered by BB's comments...go see the movie that just opened called "Jesus Camp" Very eye opening...

This is not surprising, seeing as how it comes from a man who sent a letter to his employees, ridiculing Express Jet's decision to retain the 69 a/c being released from the CAL CPA. A few months later RAH is announcing their plans to bring in the CRJ 200 to supplement the 44 a/c they will fly for CAL. If Express Jet was "artificially", in his words, overloading the 50 seat industry by retaining our a/c, then what is RAH doing by bringing CRJ's out of the desert in order to fly for CAL???? Are they artificially overloading the 50 seat capacity or are they just downright overloading it. Sounds like a hypocritical argument if you ask me. That being said, sounds like he hails from a moral high ground that many Americans have chosen to leave behind. For that, I applaude him; but, I don't agree with him using his company to push his views on employees. I especially don't agree with it, when we all know, that had we done the same, we'd probably be hung for it. What good for the goose ain't good for the gander. With money/power comes privelege... I guess, right??

The republicans have always used Religion as a means of getting voters. If they were truly pro-life then we wouldn't be in Iraq. The republicans need to look long and hard about their morals before they judge mine. As for the sex... Well it is fun, the romans did it for fun for over 2000 yrs. If the republicans stay in power we won't be here for half as long.

Whats ironic is that women tend to get abortions primarily for financial reasons. Brian Bedford employs a large number of women (flight attendants) at pay rates below the poverty line. I wonder how many of those 4000/day were his own employees. He certainly talks the talk.

So it's his fault they applied for and took a job that starts out at $15-$16 an hour, and it's his fault they had sex with no contraception and, as a result, got pregnant? Yeah, wow...that really IS ironic!
I guess I should realize this is 2007. It's cool to blame everyone else for the problems people bring on themselves. Gotta love the victim mentality.

You brought a year old thread back for that

That 15-16 bucks an hour works out to about 15-16 grand a year. Dont try and skew the numbers.
My point was not to blame him. I was simply pointing out that the politcal powers that be, the ceo's, and the majority of the pro-life movement (which I happen to agree with) are causing the economic conditions that make abortion seem like a positive alternative than dealing with the financial burden of raising a child for many women.

I brought back a year old thread because the issues raised in it are a lot more important than the normal crap people talk about on here.

That 15-16 bucks an hour works out to about 15-16 grand a year. Dont try and skew the numbers.
My point was not to blame him. I was simply pointing out that the politcal powers that be, the ceo's, and the majority of the pro-life movement (which I happen to agree with) are causing the economic conditions that make abortion seem like a positive alternative than being a responsible adult and accepting the consequences of your actions.

I brought back a year old thread because the issues raised in it are a lot more important than the normal crap people talk about on here.

True, there is a lot of crap on here.

The blue part my interpretation of that line in your post. There are other options outside of abortion. They don't have to raise the child. They can put it up for adoption and never have to see it again. There are also social programs and government assistance available for those who need it. However, carrying around a baby for 9 months seems like such a chore they decide that killing it would be a lot less inconvenient for them. Those who do it are selfish cowards. (outside of the very few instances where I believe it to be a necessity)

I realize $15 an hour is low pay. However, no one is forcing these guys/gals to take these jobs. They can complain and feel sorry for themselves all they want to but what it boils down to is they actively sought out a low paying job with poverty level wages. This day and age, virtually anyone can get a secondary education and have the opportunity to make more money if they want to. If they can't afford to have a kid, they should take precautions to make sure it doesn't happen. Sorry but the excuse that the rich, educated executives are causing the lower level employees to have abortions still doesn't fly with me. I think financial hardship is just an excuse used to do what they would have done anyway, regardless of income. Those who use that excuse are simply doing so to justify their actions.

Now what would be interesting if one of our FAs got pregnant and contacted BB telling him that she wants to have the child and give it up for adoption but can't afford the pregnancy unless she got some assistance. That would be an opportunity for him to put his money where his mouth is.;)

Latest resources

Back