• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to operate EMB-190s for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rates- republic doesn't even have a 100 seat scale. And when everyone looks at the wrong scale all they say is year 1 CA pay.....look at the mid and high range of that pay- that ********************'s comparable to jetblue/airways etc. as for the contract- yup it's a 6 year old regional contract, many others are worse.

that's not the point, the point is a regional flying 100 seat feed for anyone sucks arse.

Don't forget that at the 12 year mark, our captains make more than an Airways Cpt. Yup, you read that right.

Don't forget that at the 12 year mark, our captains make more than an Airways Cpt. Yup, you read that right.

And how are those FO rates on a 99 seat aircraft..... To those that say don't blame the pilots, I agree and don't agree to a point. I always find it amusing that republic pilots always push the blame on everybody but themselves, blameing management, scope clauses, etc, but the fact remains that it is both managements fault AND the pilots fault for signing such substandard rates for those aircraft, ergo making them more attractive to be farmed out.

BTW, do you know why those US Airways rates are so low? Because Airways management said fly them for these rates or Republic will. Also, while your raw rates might be higher, your lack of work rules, soft pay, and things such as cancelation pay unless you make a certain completion factor make your rates significantly less impressive. I would have a lot less problem with you guys getting 190s if your pay was actually respectable, but right now, especially for your FO's, its laughable.

A bunch of you told me 2 months ago that you did NOT want an industry leading contract, but rather an industry standard contract so that you would not stagnate and would continue to grow. Well, we all see where this "growth" is heading, so I say again, what kind of contract do you want? This is now where action counts. Are you going to be bitches and take lower rates to get a bunch of E190s, or are you going for the cup and demand jet blue+. If you had Jetblue rates + a %, I don't think you would be getting half the ******************** you are now.

Last edited:
Don't worry the Republic house of cards will fold soon enough. Hitch your wagon to enough sinking boats and you will get sucked down with them too!
PBR

at 12 yrs the US Air E190 CA could be an FO an another aircraft and make more money, can't say that at Republic.

at 12 yrs the US Air E190 CA could be an FO an another aircraft and make more money, can't say that at Republic.

That is exactly right! I hate hearing that argument from some of these Kool-Aid drinkers.

"Oh but look at our 190 pay vs. USAir"

Our starting point (pay) should be at least ( JetBlue + ) *

Maybe we can get some bagtags :erm:

*New 6/1/09 rates.

Since nothing is getting through here, I will add something that might be useful: A very good recipe for meatloaf, and a review for Sam Raimi's new flick "Drag me to Hell"
Southern Meatloaf Recipe

I wanted to make a truly southern meatloaf like my grandmother made when I went to visit her. She never wrote her recipe down. It was always there in her head, but I never took the time to write it down. I think this is the closest I've come to reproducing Grandma's best meatloaf. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have.

Southern Meatloaf Ingredients

• 2 pounds ground beef
• 1/2 pound fresh ground pork
• 1 cup dry bread crumbs
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1 large egg
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 1/2 cup hot water

Southern Meatloaf Recipe Directions

Place a medium sized baking pan into a cool oven and heat oven to 350 degrees.

Place the hot water into a large mixing bowl and add the butter. Stir until completely melted. Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.

Shape mixture into a loaf and place in heated baking pan. Cook your meatloaf for approximately 40 minutes or until an internal temperature of 170 degrees has been reached.

Don't overcook or the meatloaf will be dry. You may serve this southern meatloaf either hot or cold. My kids like to use ketchup when eating this, but I prefer sauteed onions on the top of mine.

This recipe also freezes well, so it can be a good idea to double the recipe and make 2 loaves of meatloaf at once. It will take a bit longer to cook 2 meatloaves, but use an internal meat thermometer to test for doneness. Cool 2nd meatloaf completely before covering in freezer wrap and storing in your freezer for another night. Thaw in your refrigerator and reheat in 350 degree oven. Cover the meatloaf with aluminum foil while reheating to make sure the meatloaf doesn't dry out.

Movie Review:The evil is back. The Oldsmobile is back. Horror director Sam Raimi is back. What’s not to love?

Christine Brown (Alison Lohman) has a great job at a bank, a boyfriend that loves her (Justin Long), and even has a kitten. Everything changes, of course, when elderly Mrs. Ganush (Lorna Raver) comes into the bank to stop a foreclosure. With the chance to prove herself on the line, Christine denies the old woman a third extension to save her home. Soon afterward, Christine learns that she has been cursed, and after three days of torment, the assailing spirit will drag her down into hell itself. Hasn’t President Obama come up with a program to help cursing gypsies keep their homes yet?

Ah, horror. Is it wrong to say this might be director Sam Raimi’s most serious horror flick of all time? While his trademark dark sense of humor oozes throughout the production, even at its most hopeful, you can’t shake the main character’s sense of impending doom, driving her further into desperation. What is also interesting about the character of Christine is that she isn’t weak-willed or an easy victim; she fights back every chance she gets and you can’t help but want to see her succeed. Couple this with a production balanced between practical and computer-enhanced effects, and you get a rare gem of a horror film that resonates on many levels. Mr. Raimi, you have been missed.

The script by Sam and Ivan Raimi also doesn’t shy away from tried and true conventions: a gypsy curse, fortune teller advisers, seances, and a skeptical boyfriend (who’s a clinical psychologist, no less). Scenes of torment also begin with practical and familiar things (shadows, rusty gates, lightning), making you wonder how much is mere suggestion or what could be an elaborate hoax to bilk a desperate woman out of thousands of dollars. Each time, however, events go too far as the curse continues to fulfill itself. Sam Raimi isn’t only in familiar territory but appears to be wallowing in it like a happy pig in muddy pen (a feeling he also commits his two female leads to as well).

Sure, maybe there’s an underlying point about taking personal responsibility here, but should every customer service representative have to watch out for gypsy curses for doing their jobs? Besides a familiar Oldsmobile (will that car will ever die?), there are plenty of other familiarities strewn throughout for fans of the Evil Dead series. One glaring omission was no Bruce Campbell cameo (even Spider-Man got those), but all the rest of it was fun and entertaining. More, please!

(a three skull recommendation out of four)

Thanks for the meatloaf recipe! I'll let you know how it turns out, most are too dry and dense, and you end up with the proverbial "meat brick".

It looks like we've all been hoodwinked by management in our negotiations. We didn't forsee an actual arrival of 190s while negotiating the last contract, the Midwest pilots didn't forsee securing solid scope as paramount. Now both groups are going to eat ********************. One more than the other, sadly.

Worst part(other than the destruction of a once proud airline), they'll probably remove one seat to get it to the 99 seat limit, we'll fly it for peanuts, and we'll have to wait long years to hammer out a contract.

Thanks for being honest, really.

BTW any repubs care to educate me on when and WHY you guys approved such a large seat range in your pay, what is it, 76-99 seats for the same pay? Just curious is all. That one is now obviously biting you guys in the arse.

Latest resources

Back