Republic to operate EMB-190s for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not funny for anyone. Here's the scariest scenario:

SWA announces merger/aquisition of Midwest. In the new TA the Republic RJs come along too. Next thing you know SWA E190s are flying around everywhere by pilots being paid jack.
OK that makes no sense, SWA can just wait for MW to go out of business. Good thing will be RP will be heavy at that point. You guys voted on that contract, and thats why you are undercutters,. Karmas a b!tch.

No one will quit or not fly on principle, they'll blame it on management.

You would quit??? On principal??? Really???

Sorry wife, I can't put food on the table. Sorry son, I can't put braces on your teeth. Sorry daughter, no prom dress this year, but hey feel better knowing that someone we don't know is in the same position as us. He lost his job because of the free market, but hey, at least I have my principles. My management team grew my company at another companies expense, so I had to quit. Enjoy your ramen noodles.

Cmon... did Skywest pilots quit their jobs when Skyway went out of business? Did Air Wisconsin guys quit when ACA went under? There are thousands of examples, and this is just the latest in the long line of, union busting, and airline managements trying to lower the bar...

You can't point at these guys and call them dirt because of a move management made.
However, if they don't fight for a mainline pay scale for these planes, I'll be sure to point and call names.

Edit: I see you guys already voted for 190 pay scale. Weak. And knowing that, maybe your names should be known as, Mud.

Our f'ing pay rates are for an 88 seat (technically a 60 seat DC-9) airplane. Their sh!tty payrates are for a 100 seat airplane.

Those w************************* have a lot of catching up to do.

Hope they get parked and 3/4 of the Republic pilots get furloughed when "Jesus" Bedford sells them out to the Mesa horde.

Flight crews are not responsible for the business decisions of the company they work for.;) It is not Republic's fault for Midwest's past financial difficulties. I dislike the fact that flight crews and other company employees, are the ones who pay the awful price of loosing their jobs based on managements decisions. It is what it is, business. It's awful in the sense that yes people will probably loose jobs, but for investors and management, it's the right thing to do. I really don't think, OR AT LEAST I WOULD HOPE NOT, that the employees of one company wish bad luck for those of another.

Sit on the other end and you will have a different take on it sporto. Better not see you complain about Mesa at all. Is Johnny O your hero?

In one sense its nice to things happening with the regionals in another is disgusting to think I will most likely make a career at one.

Most will get stuck.... look around most will still be there in 20 years.... all the regionals will be like Eagle looks like now with old pilots everywhere.

Before all educational purposes is lost in this thread, what responsibility do the Midwest pilots hold regarding scope? Did the remaining pilots sign off on something to allow this? Was it already in place? I'm not knowledgeable on their contract.

You don't get it. It's not about pay. It's the fact that a regional is replacing a major on their routes with mainline airplanes. It should never happen.

A major, really... You don't get it. 394 pilots and 21 airplanes is not a major, they are simply a company that has their own brand, and a marketing department. Did you get your 4 year degree to work at Midwest? They are a great pilot group, I have met several of them, but really? Turning down Airtran is going to turn out to be the worst mistake they ever made, if Midwest was really their ultimate goal.

I don't want 1 pilot on the street, and I especially dont want 1 of my pilots on the street.

Last edited:
I always thought we would see mainline airplanes at Skywest first. I guess it was Republic. Well all I can say is who didn't see this coming from a mile away? There are hundreds of 170 pilots that will be celebrating today. The fact of the matter is no republic pilot will do anything about this just like they didn't when their 170s directly put hundreds of mainline on the streets. No one will quit or not fly on principle, they'll blame it on management. I think ALPA or a strike may be able to stop them but the fact that it's already confirmed means it's probably hopeless.

Of course. Their out is the old tried and true "blame management". They're cheering today for putting more on the street.

Hey Prater wake up in your crystal tower you old baffoon. How about my old rep Couette enjoying his fat cat salary? WTFU and say something. They must like non-ALPA carriers gladly lapping up former ALPA flying.

You would quit??? On principal??? Really???

Sorry wife, I can't put food on the table. Sorry son, I can't put braces on your teeth. Sorry daughter, no prom dress this year, but hey feel better knowing that someone we don't know is in the same position as us. He lost his job because of the free market, but hey, at least I have my principles. My management team grew my company at another companies expense, so I had to quit. Enjoy your ramen noodles.

Cmon... did Skywest pilots quit their jobs when Skyway went out of business? Did Air Wisconsin guys quit when ACA went under? There are thousands of examples, and this is just the latest in the long line of, union busting, and airline managements trying to lower the bar...

Look up definition of a "Yes-man". You are one.

Not funny for anyone. Here's the scariest scenario:

SWA announces merger/aquisition of Midwest. In the new TA the Republic RJs come along too. Next thing you know SWA E190s are flying around everywhere by pilots being paid jack.

That is pretty scary. The sight of an E190 in SWA colors??

Latest resources

Back