• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Republic to operate EMB-190s for Midwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Before all educational purposes is lost in this thread, what responsibility do the Midwest pilots hold regarding scope? Did the remaining pilots sign off on something to allow this? Was it already in place? I'm not knowledgeable on their contract.

It's simply Midwest management pushing the limit of the Arbitrator's decision regarding the Republic "code-share". Nevermind Republic sells no tickets or details like that.

No sign off. For one year we were threatened with our jobs if we didn't accept $88 CA rates and $37 FO rates. We HELD the LINE unlike a lot of other carriers. And lookie-here, management gets their $88/$37 rates from the Republic lapdogs.

I hope Tim doesn't pay Republic. Then in a fit of rage Bedford tries to kill him and they kill each other like Rocky II. Two birds with one stone.

OK that makes no sense, SWA can just wait for MW to go out of business. Good thing will be RP will be heavy at that point. You guys voted on that contract, and thats why you are undercutters,. Karmas a b!tch.

Southwest can buy a company to get regional feed. It has nothing to do with Midwest going out of business. It has everything to do with pilot scope. That being said, I don't think Southwest will buy Midwest. This is a ploy to get around Delta scope. The next step is to open up a aMidwest 190 base in Atlanta followed by a code-share to all Delta flights.

Pretty soon we'll be seeing A319s at Skywest. This is what I think has been going on:

Mainline management is sick of paying pilots more money than regional pilots, so they will slowly turn the entire industry over (over several years) into an industry that pays all pilots based on today's regional payscale model. Think about it. Soon enough, Delta management will partner up with some regional, give away all the flying and take a golden parachute, with all the new 757's going to Skywest inc for a $98/hr captain topout, and ALPA will be on the sidelines cutting off its tiny a$$ balls with a dull blade during a road show.

Southwest can buy a company to get regional feed. It has nothing to do with Midwest going out of business. It has everything to do with pilot scope. That being said, I don't think Southwest will buy Midwest. This is a ploy to get around Delta scope. The next step is to open up a aMidwest 190 base in Atlanta followed by a code-share to all Delta flights.

That's fine with me. Schnedorf warned Moak for the longest time regarding this with his only response being a middle finger back at us.

Funny thing is, they don't have to go around DL scope. All they have to do is ask DL pilots to give up scope for a 3.00 pay raise, and they would in a heart beat.

Pretty soon we'll be seeing A319s at Skywest. This is what I think has been going on:

Mainline management is sick of paying pilots more money than regional pilots, so they will slowly turn the entire industry over (over several years) into an industry that pays all pilots based on today's regional payscale model. Think about it. Soon enough, Delta management will partner up with some regional, give away all the flying and take a golden parachute, with all the new 757's going to Skywest inc for a $98/hr captain topout, and ALPA will be on the sidelines cutting off its tiny a$$ balls with a dull blade during a road show.

I think Spirit would love to have 60/30 split for their A319 crews. And I believe they don't have scope. Next project for Republic!!!

Skywest won't get a319/320s. They will get what will be designed to replace them. The C-series or whatever is in the desgin phase right now.

Welcome aboard Continental connection Flight 8666 operated by Gulfstream Airline's brand new Canadair C-1000 with service from KEWR straight to Hell with a stop in KLAX.

I'm rubber, your glue, ... blah, blah, blah...

We haven't voted for any 190 payscales. Our payscales haven't changed since 2003, when our contract was signed. The pay scales are based on number of seats, not aircraft type. We don't have payscales for a 100 seat aircraft, so if mgmt. wants to have that discussion, they haven't notified any of us. Maybe the union knows something, but the general seniority list sure does not.

Airline Pilot Central has it listed like that improperly.

Republic sucks.

Latest resources

Back