• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Taildragger, heard through the rumor mill that you already had your interview...how'd it go??? Anything you'd like to share with the rest of us?

Did Great Lakes get awarded the STL EAS routes?

I read RegionsAir's proposal to the DOT for the routes. It read to me like that old Ike Turner skit on Saturday Night Live, anyone remember those?

"I'm sorry baby. I know I've had some cancellations, but I'll do better. It seems like I was doing okay and then comes along some god%^mn bird and gets sucked into my engine. Give Doug, I mean Ike another chance baby. I've hired a marketing guy who will make it all better. Don't worry baby, we can service all six cities with N922CX all by itself. We don't need no other airplanes."

Taildragger, heard through the rumor mill that you already had your interview...how'd it go??? Anything you'd like to share with the rest of us?
Probably didn't go so well.......otherwise he would of been bragging.....Chief Pilot threw the " BULL $hit" flag as soon as he walked in the room!!

Poor Poor Regions...

Did Great Lakes get awarded the STL EAS routes?

I read RegionsAir's proposal to the DOT for the routes. It read to me like that old Ike Turner skit on Saturday Night Live, anyone remember those?

Common sense would dictate that Regions would not be awarded these routes again. A small clip from a news report...Regions Air president Doug Caldwell told Staff Writer Doug Wilson that "an investor" appears ready to provide an infusion of cash into the beleaguered airline.

After stringing the DOT along for months out in PA, I am sure the DOT would want specific information regarding investors and finances involved, none of this "appears" bullsh-t. But that's just common sense, there's a small voice in the back of my head saying that the DOT would be just dumb enough to sign Regions back on again.

By the way, good job on hiring a Mesa marketing guy, now Regions is really F'ed in the A. But if the guy did leave Mesa, maybe he isn't so bad after all

Regions has had marketing people before. Like everyone else in MQY the owner has a bean counter standing on their throat keeping them from being able to do their job. Shortly after the RDU system got folded up the Safety Officer went away and was replaced at about 1/3 the salery...and the guy that went away? Probably the best safety guy in the industry IMHO.

I humbly submit that the Saab program probably would have succeeded if he had been around-that or it would have never happened. There are just things that you can't afford to underfund. Launching a new type is one of them.

In March it will be five years since a crewmember has recieved longevity pay...let alone any adjustment for inflation. In all of the concessions that mainline crews have given there are still increases for longevity and/or inflation...at Regions the experience and knowledge that you gain along the way is worthless to headquarters.

Last edited:
Step 1: Remove engines and park airplanes, thereby reducing operating costs and fuel consumption.
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit!

I was going to show up in Orlando for a Regions interview with the CP Jen. I even talked with her on the phone but she was already giving interviews between 8-9 am and didn't give me an option for anything later that day or evening. Was a last minute thing I tried to jump on but was unable. The class date they were interviewing for was for March 5th. No way I could make that date. Oh well, I'm all about the training and supa fast upgrade. $19 hour is what they're starting FOs at now so they seem to be up to par with all the others. Too bad the captain pay is so bad. If I didn't upgrade in less than a year I'd be outta there! Curious to see what's going to happen with this little known company. I had never heard of them before reading this thread.

Somebody pat me on the back for posting #700!

Latest resources

Back