• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I worked with a former NWA MX OP Director and he had alot of time working on the JT9s. The stories the man had about the durability of those engines...needless to say, you won't find today's engines operating as far out of the envelope (if at all!) that the pratt's could do on a routine basis. Built like a brick $hit house, they were!

Yeah, Pratts rule...frack all them technobabble engines! When you absofrackinglutley have to get the job done...P&W! Don't see anyone doing powerbacks in RJ's-and AT quit doing them with the 717 back in 2000. NW (at least up to two years ago) powerbacked their DC-9's with the JT-8D's. I was riding in a DC-9-50 one time and they hit it a little too hard in reverse on a powerback and popped about 5 stalls-bangbangbangbangbang!-if it had been a GE they would have had pieces fall on the ramp when they opened up the cowl. This one? No limits were exceeded, keep going!

GE may be catching on though-did you see that thing on the GE-90 where they were shooting ice and chickens and firehoses into the engine? I was impressed...

Last edited:
GE may be catching on though-did you see that thing on the GE-90 where they were shooting ice and chickens and firehoses into the engine? I was impressed...

Chickens and firehoses??? Aren't they up to small foreign automobiles and ice cream stands?;)

There's a video out there, may be on the FAA website, all about the testing the engines go through (Chickens and ice as you were pointing out) and they also have a couple where they test the engine to absolute destruction. They spool the engine up and liberate a fan blade. MAN! the backend of it looks like someone dumped a pile of scrap metal into a wood chipper. It's a pretty good video, worth the 2-3 minutes of watching time

Call for interview or call to class?

Congrats regardless!!! I always did kind of like that 717...

Call to class..

Rock on TF.. Wonder if he'll fly this next sequence? :)

Chickens and firehoses??? Aren't they up to small foreign automobiles and ice cream stands?;)

There's a video out there, may be on the FAA website, all about the testing the engines go through (Chickens and ice as you were pointing out) and they also have a couple where they test the engine to absolute destruction. They spool the engine up and liberate a fan blade. MAN! the backend of it looks like someone dumped a pile of scrap metal into a wood chipper. It's a pretty good video, worth the 2-3 minutes of watching time

actually, for the fod test i thought they just high-speed taxi all through the brazillian rainforest, sucking up trees, villages, emb 145's.

Hey taildrager - Have you had the interview yet?

My Interview

My interview was suppose to be held last week on FEB 14. However, as I stated earlier my interview was canceled due to Severe Weather. Therefore, have not heard from JEN N yet the CP @ RA. I left her a cell messages and e-mails late last week and today. However dispatch center took a message today from me and post it on her COMPUTER SCREEN. She will be back from flights tomorrow but depends on how late she gets in. May or may not come into office tomorrow?

Take Care,
:)

Congrats to TF!!! Maybe he'll drag some more of us with him...PLEASE :)

Latest resources

Back