• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the Saabs are all that great (or not) and Regionsair still has them in the air...why do the flight attendants just walk away? Seems one little cutie just got pissed off at all the problems and told Regions to shove it and never came back. Seems the only ones that really like it there either have a boyfriend in the cockpit or are kissing butt in Smyrna.

You guys hear that Mesa has been awared Quincy, Decauter and Marion Illinois?

Hadn't heard it but it wouldn't surprise me. There was a time that corpex ran a 99% reliability factor (controlable) and there were 1/2 week streches of 100% on time and completions. MAG's Air Midwest couldn't touch corpex in a dream back then. Of course that's when they had airplanes in MQY to rob spare parts off of.

That's been years ago...

You guys hear that Mesa has been awared Quincy, Decauter and Marion Illinois?

Serious? What about Colgan and Midway/O'Hare?

ContractFlyer, come on dude, you've been an FA at other airlines, you know how the game is played!

As for the Saabs? They'd be making more money if we loaned them out as Gate Guards.

Serious? What about Colgan and Midway/O'Hare?

ContractFlyer, come on dude, you've been an FA at other airlines, you know how the game is played!

As for the Saabs? They'd be making more money if we loaned them out as Gate Guards.

Dougcopilot...I saw the origional bids for the operation of the saabs...not sure how it ended up in the crew room but it did. One thing that I do remember is that per flight hour they were figuring about $280.00 or so for crew costs. That is the hotel rooms, all training, per diem, pay, everything.

An example. Since a 737 type costs about 7 grand we'll just call a saab type the same. We'll just say that eveyone got typed to keep it easy. We'll say that the pilots actually fly 700 hours a year instead of the 900 they get paid for. Per hour, per crew member that is TEN DOLLARS PER HOUR FOR FLIGHT TRAINING!!! Okay, the CA's have to go back every six months, but that isn't anywhere near the cost of the initial type. $150 per night per crew for rooms
(yeah, you wish they were getting you a $50 room, don't you?) and say $90/day/crew for perdiem.

So the airplane doesn't fly on payed routes all the time. They should at least 80% of the time. And I'll throw in the FA's too. 120% of $30/hr is $36/hr training cost.

You get my drift...

The only way I could come close to getting their crew costs was to start doubling things. Including running two Ca's on opentime with a base pay of $45/hr...

Those Saabs are flying subsidized routes...and the numbers they used to arrive at the hourly costs were good. They are paying for themselves, don't worry. Actually, based on the compensation you're getting, you are helping to pay for them!

I know the way people work out on the line at regions. If there is a problem it isn't in the field-don't ever let them try to make you think otherwise. If they say that they are loosing money it is only because of the way they are trying to amoritize the startup costs that they couldn't have possibly done much more to botch up themselves and still had the thing get going at all...

Last edited:
Those Saabs are flying subsidized routes...and the numbers they used to arrive at the hourly costs were good. They are paying for themselves, don't worry. Actually, based on the compensation you're getting, you are helping to pay for them!

I hope you're right, Belch. To say these planes are MX hogs would be an understatement of the year. Reliability was improving and then it got cold outside. Management couldn't have possibly baked MX issues like these into the business plan or else they would have run from these planes. The leasing companies that own these airplanes should be paying RegionsAir to put up with this BS. Somethings on the horizon for RegionsAir, though. Let's just hope it's not the end for Regions.

Latest resources

Back