• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
“AV8OR, it was Chris Turnbull. I actually miss him and Chuck sometimes....... at least they told you what they knew. I'm stuck in Germany and not knowing what it going on over there”

I see, now I remember. You know, you’re right, I didn’t really “trust” Chuck and Chris but that was just because we were all suspicious of the management’s tactics; but at least they talked to us, and when they flew on us they’d introduce themselves to the crews, you know simple courtesy things. I’d have never thought that one day I’d actually miss old Chucky.

Oh well, I hope things work out for you very soon, sounds like with all the connections you got at your guard unit, you should be able to join either the Pink/Magenta/Fuchsia team ;) or the Brown team very soon (sorry Purple brothers & sisters – just kiddin’). Stay in touch and keep us posted.

Also, very recently I heard Pace (what’s left of HootersAir) has been sold to Shell Oil (or some kind of Oil Company) and they’ll be recalling their furloughed pilots pretty soon and possibly getting some 767s. I’d imagine they’ll need dispatchers as well, check with some of the furloughed guys, maybe Belch knows more about it.

“I know that you and I were over at the hanger during training, I was a new hire and he walked up and thanked me for all my hard work. Didn't know me from Joe Dirt (nor I him for that matter) the only reason he knew I worked there was the ID on the lanyard”

That’s funny, I do remember that. He’d always pretend he knew us all and he tried to make it sound like he appreciated us for our “great service.” Heck, maybe he actually did? - what do I know?

I got an even better story, one day we interviewed a couple of guys (when we still drove them to MTSU for the sim ride) and one of the guys had about 6 hours to kill before his flight back home so he was just hanging out after the interview. Gary Lyons and I asked if he was interested in “checking out” the hangar and he said sure.

So we took him to the hangar and the first person we see inside is Chris Turnbull who looks at us and says: “gentlemen, thank you for doing a great job, I know you are all busy flying and we appreciate that!” and then he shook our hands (including the guy who just interviewed). So this guy looks at me and Gary and says, “sooo, does this mean I got hired???
Turnbull’s face turned pretty red right then. Btw, the guy did get hired but left some 6 months later for ASA – you know - regular Corpex stuff.

Btw., I was told the gate agents were basically asked to go home because there was no job for them. Sure hope they all get their last pay checks. This sucks, I feel so sorry for all Corpex employees, such a great group to work with.

Good luck everyone!
Sincerely,
homey

Last edited:
Hey 10early,
The lights are still on here. The investor is a real person. The
DO met with him for quite awhile. Been told he is a nice guy.
His idea about things has been stated fly airplanes, have fun doing it and make some money. Also have been told the deal may have already been done. thats all I know about it. But there is always a chance it could still get screwed up. Give me a call

My C. Howell experience was when he rode on my flight to BNA. He was well dressed and thanked us twice before and after for the ride. Finishing paperwork while the pax were deplaning, I turned around and noticed that on his way out he had straightened all of the seatbelts and picked up the garbage laying around. Of all the stories I have heard, good and bad, the man is a professional. Absolute night and day difference from the huevos-less weasel that would not even come out of his office to at least speak to his recently furloughed employees. I have no respect for Dougie C.
ps. Sen. Durbin's pulling the troops out of Iraq and redeploying them to MQY...just to make sure he gets the job done.

My C. Howell experience was when he rode on my flight to BNA. He was well dressed and thanked us twice before and after for the ride. Finishing paperwork while the pax were deplaning, I turned around and noticed that on his way out he had straightened all of the seatbelts and picked up the garbage laying around. Of all the stories I have heard, good and bad, the man is a professional. Absolute night and day difference from the huevos-less weasel that would not even come out of his office to at least speak to his recently furloughed employees. I have no respect for Dougie C.
ps. Sen. Durbin's pulling the troops out of Iraq and redeploying them to MQY...just to make sure he gets the job done.

Couldn't have said it better myself and I agree 101%.

Sorry Guys,
I feel for ya'll. Good Luck

Good Luck. Hopefully the furlwd Pace guys will find a good flying job.

Amen to this. I know the JS guys will be able to handle any equipment thrown their way, proficiency will not be an issue.

All the Pace guys have been recalled..

Hey 10early,
The lights are still on here. The investor is a real person. The
DO met with him for quite awhile. Been told he is a nice guy.
His idea about things has been stated fly airplanes, have fun doing it and make some money. Also have been told the deal may have already been done. thats all I know about it. But there is always a chance it could still get screwed up. Give me a call

Firebird...do you think that many people will wait around for Regions to get it's act together? You know it won't be a problem to find new pilots, but do they have any operations talent willing to hack it out?

Latest resources

Back