• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If a company gos out of business, all you do is send in the PRIA request to the last known address of the company. The returned letter from the postal service or the non response are both legal methods for a back ground check.

On second thought, I think I do still have previously received copies...

But that is good information, Smiliner.

Likewise, Way2Broke...I did not know that a returned mailing serves as a legal background check.

Ahh well that sucks..

I left my jacket in the crew room...

The returned letter from the postal service or the non response are both legal methods for a back ground check.

Not quite that simple at some (most) of the majors. You also must provide your W2s proving you worked there and a phone number of a person who used to work at that company (any rank/position will do). This person must vouch for your prior employment at the ceased company. This person will need to prove he/she used to work there too. So if you can, get your training records and keep them in a safe place, but you still may have to provide a phone number of a former employee there.

As far as shutdown, am I the only one who feels that maybe Chuck Howell finally gets his revenge? For those of you who didn’t know Chuck - he’s the current CEO of Great Lakes Airlines but many years ago he was the CEO of Corpex (he was also one of the guys who started the airline). Anyways, many years ago, the owner of the company hired an outside “auditor” who was supposed to look over the financial state of the company.

To make the story short, a few weeks later, Chuck and the DO (can’t remember his name -10early/belch help me out here) were forced to resign. The “auditor” became the new CEO – you guessed it Doug C.

So it’s kind of ironic that after all those years Great Lakes with Chuck Howell as the CEO is supposed to take over some of the routes from Corpex in STL.

Oh, not to forget, how did Corpex get their first major contract? (Midway Airlines in RDU) – that’s right; we underbid Great Lakes Airlines, and took all their flying. Of course at the time Chuck was at Corpex. Anyways, maybe I’m wrong but I think somehow Chuck is getting his revenge on this one.

Unfortunately, a bunch of great employees will suffer because of this shutdown.

Belch, 10early do y’all find this strange as well?

The returned letter from the postal service or the non response are both legal methods for a back ground check.

Not quite that simple at some (most) of the majors. You also must provide your W2s proving you worked there and a phone number of a person who used to work at that company (any rank/position will do). This person must vouch for your prior employment at the ceased company. This person will need to prove he/she used to work there too. So if you can, get your training records and keep them in a safe place, but you still may have to provide a phone number of a former employee there.

Thank you for the info on how the Majors do it. I was speaking from my own experience both as the person doing the PRIA check on someone and being the person having a PRIA check done. I have no interest in flying for a "major airline" so I never looked into how they do it, but hopefully your input will help our fellow ex-corpex pilots. I do on the otherhand keep all my training records in a safe place, mostly because most companies only keep those around for 36 months tops (only 12 months are required by 135.63/I am most familiar with part 135).

To make the story short, a few weeks later, Chuck and the DO (can’t remember his name -10early/belch help me out here) were forced to resign. The “auditor” became the new CEO – you guessed it Doug C.

So it’s kind of ironic that after all those years Great Lakes with Chuck Howell as the CEO is supposed to take over some of the routes from Corpex in STL.

Oh, not to forget, how did Corpex get their first major contract? (Midway Airlines in RDU) – that’s right; we underbid Great Lakes Airlines, and took all their flying. Of course at the time Chuck was at Corpex. Anyways, maybe I’m wrong but I think somehow Chuck is getting his revenge on this one.

Unfortunately, a bunch of great employees will suffer because of this shutdown.

Belch, 10early do y’all find this strange as well?

I think the name was Chris but that was a long time ago. I know that you and I were over at the hanger during training, I was a new hire and he walked up and thanked me for all my hard work. Didn't know me from Joe Dirt (nor I him for that matter) the only reason he knew I worked there was the ID on the lanyard...was also the guy that started all of the letters to the crews "Our valued employees" or something to that effect. It used to grate on me, but as I look back I think that while it was goofy at least he was expressing something. That hasn't happened at corpex for a long, long time...

There were alot of people there in MQY that got screwed after the RDU system caved. Key people-the DOM, Safety and others-as well as the Pres and DO. The most criminal thing was that two weeks before they were booted they were the ones that put out the word on the pay freeze-so the new team could come in with their hands clean of that bit of trechery.

Guess what? We weren't fooled!

Seems to me that someone wants that certificate gone. I don't know why, won't speculate on what backroom deals might have gone down. One rather criptic call I got from the inside last night commented that "they need to be shut down".

I only know that many of the things that have gone on of late never happened while I was there and I am saddened that they have come to pass.

There's been no lack of bad karma...I find that poetic justice, while often slow to ripen is often the tastiest!

Yeah, I hope that Chuck gets to enjoy the cake. I hope that some of those others do too! Lakes will probably need some drivers in a hurry too...

For y'all that are out on the line, don't worry. There are other airlines out there. Why you might not always get to stay in Crown Plazas, I can pretty well assure you that you won't be at any more Motel 6's!

I been there. Get your training recs, update your resumes, file claims against the company for your pay (if you don't get it all) and spend a couple of weeks on the couch drinking beer. Trust me, it's not that bad...

Mostly, good luck! You deserve it!

Last edited:
It's in STL, not CLE...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back