• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Regions Air????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AV8OR, it was Chris Turnbull. I actually miss him and Chuck sometimes....... at least they told you what they knew. I'm stuck in Germany and not knowing what it going on over there...... Firebird? Any wisdom for me?

Ten, have a doppel with the schnitzel for me!

Yeah, y'all deserve to get a better job...the Pace thing is pretty tenative as I understand, with more info in a week or two.

Ops

"Firebird...do you think that many people will wait around for Regions to get it's act together? You know it won't be a problem to find new pilots, but do they have any operations talent willing to hack it out?"-CopilotDoug

Yeah, we're all basically too lazy to find honest work, so we may ride it out, at least as long as the paychecks don't bounce. I think they know that they will need ops folks quickly, and up to speed, once they do whatever they do. As for me, I'm double-dipping in Germany, so I'll hold on until I get home, anyways.

Last edited:
Yeah, we're all basically too lazy to find honest work, so we may ride it out, at least as long as the paychecks don't bounce. I think they know that they will need ops folks quickly, and up to speed, once they do whatever they do. As for me, I'm double-dipping in Germany, so I'll hold on until I get home, anyways.

Are the ops folks still getting paid, or is everyone furloughed?

I guess it depends on how long it's dragged out too...the longer they wait, more pilots will be taken by other companies (probably a very good thing) and then Regions would need to look at a fresh start for the pilot group, would be my guess. While there are alot of pilots out there, I don't know if many want to put up with Region's pay.

Side-Note: When I was there and assisting with interviews, I had a peek at the list of potential interviewees (about three pages, maybe 25 names per page) I would guess that a good 80-90% of those who declined interview invitations had "PAY" as their reason.

Was a contract ever negotiated with the Teamsters?

When I was there and assisting with interviews...

When did you work at Corpex and how long where you there?

I resigned in Jan of this year...I was there 12mos. Shhhh! None of my friends know this though, I told all of them I spent a year as a piano player over in a Nepalese Whorehouse in the mountains:)

I resigned in Jan of this year...I was there 12mos. Shhhh! None of my friends know this though, I told all of them I spent a year as a piano player over in a Nepalese Whorehouse in the mountains:)

Actually, Nepalese Whorehouse Airways is our new name...... you're not a liar after all.......

Are the ops folks still getting paid, or is everyone furloughed?

The pilots are supposed to be getting paid tonight at midnight, but the rumor mill says otherwise. The out-station personell and the mechanics have all been furloughed. I suspect that the pilots will be furloughed very soon. But you're right, soon there will not be very many pilots left anymore. Many FO's are hunting for interviews, as well as Captains.

Congrats to the CP, she got very good news the other day!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back