Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reasons why Airtran pilots are gonna LUV Southwest!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Top of the seniority list must be a nice place and they must assign rose colored glasses because I can only see a couple on that list that we have. My list of the negatives would be pages long.

Not in the top, I'm in the middle of the 737CA list. I don't have rose-colored glasses, anyone who knows me would probably laugh out loud at that assertion. Regardless, we do have some of what was on that list, hell, the bolded ones are even better than what was posted.

• 2 weeks of vacation 1-5 yrs, 3 weeks 6-9 yrs, 4 weeks 10-18 yrs
  • avg legs per day is 3 with avg flt time per leg of 2 hrs
  • avg turn time on normal flights of around 40 minutes
  • Vacation trading is now available on line just like regular trips

• Free internet at nearly all hotels
  • Free Morningstar resources available for planning purposes;
  • 737 training /checking no surprises
  • No PBS; won't come to pass either
  • Great FOs; lots of different types of background
  • More FOs on the NC/MA than CAs, bodes well for making sure the junior pilots perspectives are being presented
  • Multiple communication methods from the union to the membership (weekly burst emails, monthly union newspaper, quarterly call in conference call to get questions answered from the leadership

"Carol" will most likely get bounced by the Scheds people in DAL. People like that do not exist in crew scheduling or dispatch. We have great schedulers who are nothing but professional every time I have ever dealt with them.

Not in the top, I'm in the middle of the 737CA list. I don't have rose-colored glasses, anyone who knows me would probably laugh out loud at that assertion. Regardless, we do have some of what was on that list, hell, the bolded ones are even better than what was posted.

• 2 weeks of vacation 1-5 yrs, 3 weeks 6-9 yrs, 4 weeks 10-18 yrs
  • avg legs per day is 3 with avg flt time per leg of 2 hrs
  • avg turn time on normal flights of around 40 minutes
  • Vacation trading is now available on line just like regular trips

• Free internet at nearly all hotels
  • Free Morningstar resources available for planning purposes;
  • 737 training /checking no surprises
  • No PBS; won't come to pass either
  • Great FOs; lots of different types of background
  • More FOs on the NC/MA than CAs, bodes well for making sure the junior pilots perspectives are being presented
  • Multiple communication methods from the union to the membership (weekly burst emails, monthly union newspaper, quarterly call in conference call to get questions answered from the leadership

How are longer turn times better? Airplanes make money in the air, not at the gate.

Carry on.

Top of the seniority list must be a nice place and they must assign rose colored glasses because I can only see a couple on that list that we have. My list of the negatives would be pages long.

I've been very impressed with how well Ty has maintained his "windfall...what windfall?" poker face ever since the announcement. :laugh:

Don't get me wrong, I still think SW should be stapled to the bottom of the Airtran list after inverting the ATN seniority list making myself SWAPA president at 150 Captain flight credits per month buyout. But I guess we all have our ideas of how the whole SLI should go down.

How are longer turn times better? Airplanes make money in the air, not at the gate.

Carry on.

Turns can be too long or too short . . . . neither is optimal. I like to be able to get something nutritious to eat, I don't eat crap. It doesn't have to be every leg, but certainly one of them. I like to have a chance to actually look over the release I am signing. Maybe your DX is stellar, but I have caught many gotcha's over here.

Moderator hat on:

No discussions of Scabs is allowed. Original Poster of the Scab comment is warned, next offense will land you in hack for 7 days.

/mod

No, I'm not a Scab, and anyone who knows me knows how I feel about that particular subject, but that kind of discussion is strictly prohibited here for legal reasons. Thanks for your understanding, carry on...

Turns can be too long or too short . . . . neither is optimal. I like to be able to get something nutritious to eat, I don't eat crap. It doesn't have to be every leg, but certainly one of them. I like to have a chance to actually look over the release I am signing. Maybe your DX is stellar, but I have caught many gotcha's over here.

Ty you don't mind doing the fo's job once a day so he can take a break and run for some food?

Ty you don't mind doing the fo's job once a day so he can take a break and run for some food?

Actually, I prefer to do the running, since I'm usually the one avoiding the more convenient crappy food and it doesn't seem right to ask the guy to go to the ends o the earth just to get what I want . . . . So, I fly and buy. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back