Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reasons why Airtran pilots are gonna LUV Southwest!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Honestly,

I started this thread in response to all of the threads that attampt to speak to this. Let's not fight on this one! It is gonna be great it we can avoid poisoning the well!

Let's focus on how it is gonna be great!

Did I mention no more Airran management! Happy thanksgiving everyone.

Did I mention no more Airran management! Happy thanksgiving everyone.

Gooble gooble brother!

I really have enjoyed my 7+ years working for reasonable and competent people. They are human, but unlike some previous bosses the know it!

Enjoy the holidays, hope you get to spend them where you want with who you want!

What about the most important part: seniority list integration among SWA and Airtran. With the most senior SWA pilots hired in the 70s and 80s, it will be interesting to see who they are integrated with the most senior Airtran pilots, hired in the 90s.

How many are left from the 70's? Do you mean flight attendants? The SLI will be done by arbitrators, and he will take all that into consideration, but don't expect Airtan pilot to lose seats in this deal. They will do well overall. But the company will be stronger for all involved, which is a good thing.

Last edited:
Johnsonrod, do you know for a fact that Airtran will not lose any seats? I wouldn't be so sure. Airtran guys will do well with this deal, but if you think they will subrogate the Southwest pilots seniority you might be disappointed. Hey if you guys want to keep your seat maybe you should do it at your current Airtran rates, afterall its the seat and not the PAY! Anyway that is what I keep hearing. Actually I have a better idea. Lets let our NC's work it out!

I love the "it's about the seat argument". If that's the case, then why did people leave CommutAir, Mesaba, ASA and Mesa? If it's all about being Captain, then the regionals would never have to hire because no one would leave.

IT"S ABOUT THE MONEY! That's the only reason anyone puts up with the BS and pays their dues (unless you are PCL and you pay for your time).

Speaking as a first officer two months away from starting my 10th yr at WN, I could care less about the seat. I can make 180k-200k working 16-17 days a month and let's face it, it is about the money. I just don't believe a pilot who got hired at a secondary major ( or any airline for that matter) after I got hired at WN should have bidding seniority over me for the rest of my career. So keep your seats in ATL, but keep your hands off my seniority you damn dirty trannys.(sorry for the Planet of the Apes quote)

Speaking as a first officer two months away from starting my 10th yr at WN, I could care less about the seat. I can make 180k-200k working 16-17 days a month and let's face it, it is about the money. I just don't believe a pilot who got hired at a secondary major ( or any airline for that matter) after I got hired at WN should have bidding seniority over me for the rest of my career. So keep your seats in ATL, but keep your hands off my seniority you damn dirty trannys.(sorry for the Planet of the Apes quote)

Where did you learn how to talk like that? Some panama city sailor want to hump hump bar? Go sell crazy somewhere else, we are all stocked up here! ( sorry for the Jack Nicholson quote)

Latest resources

Back