Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Reasons why Airtran pilots are gonna LUV Southwest!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ivauir

SNIKT!
Maybe we should switch gears and talk about some positive things for a change. Pay is just the tip of the iceberg! I'll get the ball rolling with a few obvious ones:

1) 50% pay increase across the board
2) More efficient schedules
3) Explosive growth when the 717 gets plugged into a much larger network
4) 15/16 days off a month for reserves
5) Competent management

$1XX/month for Cadillac healthcare. That's everything.
.74 Duty Rig
$2.15/hour per diem
LBB overnights
Trip rigs: 4 days - 26Trips, 3 days - 19.50 Trips, 2 days - 13.00 Trips, 1 day - 6.50 Trips
8 domiciles to choose from and soon to be 9 or ten
Chicks dig American Flag ties
No hats
Average days off are around 17 or 18....I think. It was last time I checked.
Commuter policy

There's more, but I feel embarrassed for bragging and I am already bored with this post.

I almost forgot. We have kernels....lots of them. Never a dull moment with those cats. Denim shorts, black socks, sandals or running shoes, calculator watch, and a woven leather belt. Without those ingredients, it ain't a party.

Last edited:
Maybe we should switch gears and talk about some positive things for a change. Pay is just the tip of the iceberg! I'll get the ball rolling with a few obvious ones:

1) 50% pay increase across the board
2) More efficient schedules
3) Explosive growth when the 717 gets plugged into a much larger network
4) 15/16 days off a month for reserves
5) Competent management

Glad to see the positive shift in the conversation, but the pay difference for a 10th yr CA is really more like 30%, not 50%, and that's if he keeps his seat, other wise, it would be a substantial pay cut, not increase.

Last edited:
Ty, Ty, Ty

210 divided by 153 = 72.8% (airline pilot central)

This is 12 yr Captain rates. 10 year rates are a larger difference.

I know you are never wrong and everybody else is, but show your higher level math skills that this a 30% raise.

I can't wait to see this.

Last edited:
210k is a 37% increase from 153k. However, the average SWA guy flies 110 trips per month, which is $245k. That is a 60% increase from AAI 12-year captain pay.

AAI FO pay is more in the +80% range. As a 5th year SWA FO, I make 12-year AAI captain pay (according to this website). I'm a commuter and NOT a varsity league bidder.

Don't forget the hugely reduced medical benefits, 1% union dues reduction, AMA overnights, ....

No dog in this fight but I understand 1/2/3 is waning and not being renewed as hotel contracts expire. SWA bros can correct me if I am wrong.

Speaking of DC-9's (717), this will be new to the SWA ops, will there be a different pay scale for an airplane carrying less pax? If so will the seats be filled by seniority? Will SWA require a DC-9 and 737 type to apply at a future SWA? Now we introduce the training lag as pilots play musical seats, more pilots off line for training, being paid but not producing revenue. Just thoughts, I am almost going to bet the DC9's are gone in 4 years so SWA can stay on its model of single equipment.

No dog in this fight but I understand 1/2/3 is waning and not being renewed as hotel contracts expire. SWA bros can correct me if I am wrong.

I think for the better. Now we get a straight 50 % off everything. Only thing bad about that is that I now buy everything :)

Latest resources

Back