• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PSA(unbelievable!!)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
zman I bet you would never show your face in clt because it is hiding up your @ss with the pride you cannot show, and I am sorry for that tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool. ps not trying to be mean but your attitude brings this on yourself and your peers.

zman put your mouth where your money is while your ahead. Trust me I am doing you a favor. Don't forget mesa does not have voice. I am sorry

how cause I talk about the reality of the state of the industry we are in. Look around you if you already havent noticed, things will never reverse themselves. Regionals will continue to ask for bigger a/c and mainline will outsource them. Its only a matter of time, and all the high pay your talking about is what killed the majors. Besides when we get E190's we will probably take over which ever carriers 737 routes then eventually the planes will slowly and slowly get bigger. If people had this grand idea of what this industry was they are dreaming, if they have fessed up to reality then at least they wont be so depressed and burned every day they see something related to this issue swing to the side of what i am talking about.

zman said:
Bizzum I think that is a matter of self opinion. Some people would like to see their airline they work for grow to fly much bigger a/c. I hope one day mesa will fly E190's or even larger, and I am perfectly happy with the pay.

I would like to see my airline grow also, BUT if that means bigger aircraft, then i expect to be compensated accordingly, not flying a 90 seat airplane for 50 seat wages. Perfectly happy with the pay? dude, I really hope you are not serious on that one.

zman said:
We as pilots will never change and you know something i would rather fly for 19 bucks an hour then have no job at all.

well i really hope you don't have a vote in your next contract negotiations if thats your attitude....you go enjoy your 19 bucks and hour while JO goes out and buys another $100,000 motorcycle

zman now be a good little boy or girl and just hush because you love mesa and that is just not right. I am telling you this is just not right. Hey just go look in the mirror and say do I love mesa, me, flying, jesus, hey what ever floats your boat and then get your @ss out your head, and then try to walk through the airport with pride, because if you still tied it still wouldn't work. ps I am sorry

In order to get the wages your talking about you literally need one union and one vote to represent all the regionals. That will never, ever happen in our life time at least. I am happy and I take what i get, for example these CRJ900's chances are they will go to another regional like Mesa, Skywest (which doesnt even have a union), or Republic, etc. All these PSA guys did was basically shoot themselves in the foot. Look at TSA their company turned around and created Go jets. What the hell did Alpa do for them?? Or talking just about plain and simple morals Teamsters that now represents them. You can be on board with a ship that floats or go down with a sinking one. I will gladly jump on board with the one that floats and an the end of day i am still getting paid. Not exactly what i wanted buy hey its a check.

zman said:
We as pilots will never change and you know something i would rather fly for 19 bucks an hour then have no job at all.

A few numbers to show what that attitude has cost us:

1998 USAirways contract:

5 year F100 C/A-- $143.00
2 year F100 F/O-- $69.50

5 year F-28 C/A --$95.10 (F-28 gone by then but payscale remained)
2 year F-28 F/O --$46.21

Current Mesa Contract as per Airline pilot pay: (Typical of all the regionals)

2 Year F/O all jets-- $28
5 year C/A Crj 900-- $67

In 8 years the price for flying a 90 seat jet has gone down $76 an hour, yet a decent house for a family of three will set you back a minimum of 140k and gas is now 3 bucks a gallon.

By the way, your $19 an hour will gross you a whopping $19,380 a year.........thats about $30,620 less a year than I made selling new cars after my furlough in 2001........40k less than my payscale was flying a Citation twice a week....and 25k less than my long haired, tattooed, Harley riding neighbor makes working at a medical supply warehouse driving a forklift.

No I think 19 bucks an hour is far worse than having no flying job at all. I will go back to selling cars before I fly for that in a jet......it pays a whole hell of a lot better.

Last edited:
like i said kerosene its all a matter of a opinon and there is thousands that would agree with me with and there is thousands that agree with you. Ethier way those airplanes will fly ethier with me, you, or the next guy that agrees to take the job!

like i said kerosene its all a matter of a opinon and there is thousands that would agree with me with and there is thousands that agree with you. Ethier way those airplanes will fly ethier with me, you, or the next guy that agrees to take the job!

After you get 50 hrs working for an airline come back and talk some sense.
It has nothing to do with Mesa Piedmont or whoever. It all has to do with us working extra hard for no money, crap schedules and a very poor QOL. If Mesa wants to fly the jets the let them. US Air will get what they pay for. Idiots like you!

ex j-41 said:
After you get 50 hrs working for an airline come back and talk some sense.
It has nothing to do with Mesa Piedmont or whoever. It all has to do with us working extra hard for no money, crap schedules and a very poor QOL. If Mesa wants to fly the jets the let them. US Air will get what they pay for. Idiots like you!

AMEN!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back