PSA(unbelievable!!)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thermocouple said:
My understanding is that the negotiating committee met with the company. The company would not negotiate, therefore the MEC has decided to decline the proposal under its current form and not submit it to a vote by the pilots.

I don't think that anything is a done deal yet. All that has been decided is that the current proposal by management is unacceptable and will not be considered without some negotiating by management.

What a bunch of pu$$ies!!!. The union didn't even let its members vote on it!!! Why not? The union should put every issue as important as that to vote. If it was voted down fine but they didn't ven give the pilots a chance to vote. Another example of union corruption. I thought unions were there to just negotiate and not tell people how to run their lives. Their job is to put everything to a vote. The PSA union should be recalled immediately for this crime. Not letting the pilots vote on something as important as growth issues is arrogant. Why do you have to pay 1.95% again to let people run your lives?

D'Angelo said:
What a bunch of pu$$ies!!!. The union didn't even let its members vote on it!!! Why not? The union should put every issue as important as that to vote. If it was voted down fine but they didn't ven give the pilots a chance to vote. Another example of union corruption. I thought unions were there to just negotiate and not tell people how to run their lives. Their job is to put everything to a vote. The PSA union should be recalled immediately for this crime. Not letting the pilots vote on something as important as growth issues is arrogant. Why do you have to pay 1.95% again to let people run your lives?

Typical managment response. Thanks

Good one!

meanstreak said:
Somebody's got to take it stand. It's about time. Let Mesa or Chautauqua have them.

No more jets at Mesa untill things are fixed in our current contract.......! Why dont you stop bashing us for once and back us? We did not take any concessions in our current contract! We had to give up the world to get our scope clause (get rid of freedom) EG, lower pay rates days off etc. let us not forget that we are also on a 28 day bid cycle (13 pay periods a year copmpared to your 12) and our 10 day off a bid is equal to your 12 days in a 30 day period! This airline gig is not going to get any better untill the pilots at all airlines back one another! Rant over...Flame away beotches!

328dude said:
Typical managment response. Thanks

umm why thats a pilot response and its a valid question. I ask again why did the union not let its members vote on this issue. What were they afraid of? If it passed then its simply the will of the pilots. Unions truly are cowards and they always hold a double standard. Oh they whine about opressive management yet they don't even have the guys to let their members vote on such an important issue.

Management will be back next week with a better offer.

D, you've obvioulsy never heard the phrase "My MEC speaks for Me". That's why you elect them.

Last edited:
OPECJet said:
Management will be back next week with a better offer.

nope game over. The planes WILL go to the lowest bidder. This was your chance to snatch some flying from Mesa. Now the planes will go there. Piss poor product or not they need cheap.

D'Angelo said:
umm why thats a pilot response and its a valid question. I ask again why did the union not let its members vote on this issue. What were they afraid of? If it passed then its simply the will of the pilots. Unions truly are cowards and they always hold a double standard. Oh they whine about opressive management yet they don't even have the guys to let their members vote on such an important issue.

The pilot's are standing up for themselves against the typical "Take it or leave it deals". This is not negotiations, this is a company dictating the terms in which we run or lives as you said. How is that ok? If the pilot's want improvments, then the MEC negotiates for them. A company unwilling to negotiate is a company heading for destruction. You have to take a stand at some point. This pilot group learned that some time ago. They are unwilling to have it happne again.

Latest resources

Back