PSA(unbelievable!!)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This message is hidden because SuperKooter is on your ignore list. :smash:

Sorry…blocked your other user name as well. Shouldn’t you be over on the major board trying to get info on CAL? Anyway…time to golf because I’m just some lazy union pilot who has too many days off and way overpaid to boot.

:beer:

union's job

D'Angelo said:
I thought unions were there to just negotiate and not tell people how to run their lives. Their job is to put everything to a vote. The PSA union should be recalled immediately for this crime. Not letting the pilots vote on something as important as growth issues is arrogant. Why do you have to pay 1.95% again to let people run your lives?

You are correct to say that the union is there to negotiate on OUR behalf. Did they poll us? Yes. They were on the road, asking for input, phone calls, etc. ANYONE who wants their voice heard, has multiple ways of doing so.

The union's job is to negotiate with the company on our behalf. PSA put a proposal on the table, slid it right past the union, over to the pilots. No negotiations whatsoever. Tell me WHAT union would stand for that, and THEY are the ones who should be recalled. In fact, the last PSA MEC did just that, ratified agreements without a pilot vote (once with a NO vote from pilots... imagine that), and the pilots voted in a new MEC.

The PSA Pilots are in good hands with the new MEC. USAir is no longer in bankruptcy. Our most recent contract and its subsequent LOA's are all concessionary. No more. This move by management is extremely insulting.

So, direct your rash words toward a union withOUT a backbone, D'Angelo.

Union reps are elected to represent. That's what's happened here.

Unions are there to negotiate and then let their memebers vote. There is no proof one way or the other if it would pass or not until the vote is complete. Some people may have changed their minds. I also agree if a union ratifies a deal without member vote that is inexcusable and they must be impeached. This is supposed to be a democracy

D'Angelo said:
Unions are there to negotiate and then let their memebers vote. There is no proof one way or the other if it would pass or not until the vote is complete. Some people may have changed their minds. I also agree if a union ratifies a deal without member vote that is inexcusable and they must be impeached. This is supposed to be a democracy

Go back to 8th grade social studies, D. We live in a republic, not a true democracy.

BoilerUP said:
Go back to 8th grade social studies, D. We live in a republic, not a true democracy.

thats the government im talking about a union. Why should they have direct control over YOUR career when YOUR the one being forced to throw 2% away every month. If pilots really want to take a stand everyone withhold their dues for a couple of months. I guarantee you things will change. They cant fire the entire airline right. If this directly impacts your career you should vote period end of sentance.

D, you're still missing the point. The company offered this proposal to the pilots, bypassing the union and the heart of the RLA: NEGOTIATIONS. There were NONE. You don't work at PSA I presume. So you don't know how your voice would be heard here, nor do you know if the MEC is currently representing this pilot group's sentiments (which it is).

It is now in Management's court to negotiate in good faith, or take the risks. This mgmt group is on puppet strings. If they do not produce an agreement that the MEC then the pilots can swallow, they miss the biggest opportunity in their careers. No way they will let this slip through their hands without more of an attempt. I predict this realization will lead to negotiations and a *more* acceptable agreement to put out to the pilots for a vote. They know all they need is 51%, and that's what they'll shoot for.

I'm done with this topic. Hope I shed some light on what's actually going on at PSA.

2ndGenPSA said:
D, you're still missing the point. The company offered this proposal to the pilots, bypassing the union and the heart of the RLA: NEGOTIATIONS. There were NONE. You don't work at PSA I presume. So you don't know how your voice would be heard here, nor do you know if the MEC is currently representing this pilot group's sentiments (which it is).

It is now in Management's court to negotiate in good faith, or take the risks. This mgmt group is on puppet strings. If they do not produce an agreement that the MEC then the pilots can swallow, they miss the biggest opportunity in their careers. No way they will let this slip through their hands without more of an attempt. I predict this realization will lead to negotiations and a *more* acceptable agreement to put out to the pilots for a vote. They know all they need is 51%, and that's what they'll shoot for.

I'm done with this topic. Hope I shed some light on what's actually going on at PSA.

That is absolutely ridiculous. The pilots should have been allowed to vote anyway. I say good for the company for bypassing the MEC. The RLA is too liberal as it is. Management should be able to shoot offers right out to the pilot group. If the MEC can authorize a TA without even holding a vote then pilots should be able to vote on such an important issue bypassing the MEC all together. I thought the pilots were the union huh? Only when its convienent I guess

The aircraft belong at Mainline like the Fokkers before them. Aircraft at mainline mean jobs at mainline.

D'Angelo said:
That is absolutely ridiculous. The pilots should have been allowed to vote anyway. I say good for the company for bypassing the MEC. The RLA is too liberal as it is.

Working hard for your money today D'Angelo?

Funny how news hits you are on the front lines as managements no. 1 spokesperson for every regional.

Of course you say good for the company. How much are you getting paid to say that?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back