• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle upgrade less than ONE year.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With the street captain hirings, will new hires who get the required time, still upgrade? I would think so, and that is what causes the street captain to sit on reserve all the time?

With the street captain hirings, will new hires who get the required time, still upgrade? I would think so, and that is what causes the street captain to sit on reserve all the time?

FOs on the list keep upgrading as they get the required time for upgrade. Every one that does goes above the street CA on the CA list for a very long time... in Pinnacle's case, 2-3 years. This means that all the new CAs from the FO list are senior to the street CAs. Street CAs stay at the bottom of the CA senority list until their senority "catches up" with that of the mainstream FOs upgrading. Since they're at the bottom of the list, they get reserve.

And so it starts. 4-6 months of street CA hiring, all of them sitting reserve 3-4 years.

Enjoy.
Hey Rich...I will take 3-4 year res at Capt pay. Trying to feed a family on FO pay sucks! And no...the airline nor the Marine Corps did not issue me a family so I put myself into that situation!

I do not see them with a class date yet! Earlier I stated 16 per class...well it is 14 per class so there are more that do not have class dates.....

This is updated......They are right. 2 street capt. Seniotiry is in the 12XX
Good for them!

One of them is a pos...he used to be a fo here and left to go to that alter ego in STL and is now back as a street captain...look at his id number...you will know which one I am talking about

Hey Rich...I will take 3-4 year res at Capt pay. Trying to feed a family on FO pay sucks! And no...the airline nor the Marine Corps did not issue me a family so I put myself into that situation!
Sooner or later most of us put ourselves in that situation, myself included.

I just got my last 1st year F/O paycheck, and with a family of 4 it's impossible to make ends meet without an outside job.

PCL F/O pay is HALF that; I would NEVER have gone to PCL on an F/O payscale, and I don't understand how anyone CAN unless they still live with their parents or married and their spouse makes great $$$.

Incidentally, I wasn't dispariaging the street captains (I was one), I was simply saying that reserve for YEARS at PCL is a quick way to lose your sanity. I was at the breaking point about year 3 and simply called in sick for one 5-day rotation every 2 or 3 months.

I WAS sick... mental fatigue is just as dangerous as anything else and I was so burned out it was affecting my CRM skills on the flight deck.

Didn't care about the loss of pay once my sick bank was depleted. Got my doctor's note and simply handed it in. Knowing I'd sue them for wrongful termination, they just left me alone.

NO JOB is worth the loss of QOL you suffer as a PCL reserve pilot. If you live in domicile, it's not bad. If you don't, I'd highly suggest someone looked somewhere else for employment.

Last edited:
If I was thinking about applying and commuting out of AVL, would it be impossible?

Depends on your idea of commuting. When Pinnacle has the computer build trips it uses the formula of most block hours per duty period(read cheapest crew costs possible or minimum staffing). I'll speak about Detroit. This formula means that most trips start at 8am and end around 8pm with almost eight hours of block time per duty period. You reach 30 hours in seven days and 95 hours in the calendar month quicker so this yields more days off but it means you have to commute in the night before and AVL only has one shot to get home the day your trip ends. There are some flights that start late and finish early allowing you to commute the day you work but these are rare. They also reduce the total days off. Expect to spend a few nights in domicile but have more days at home.

Based on flights available between AVL and DTW there are only two right now with the NWA code. We are flying on reduced schedules due to the bankruptcy and the frequency between cities is expected to increase when they exit BK protection. If the NWA flights are unavailable then you can go to CVG on the DAL code or CLE on the CAL code. Once you're in either of those hub cities the number of flights to DTW jumps dramatically since all three airlines are in bed together.

Latest resources

Back