• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle upgrade less than ONE year.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If I remember right, I think Mr. Hill ended up having problems in training and went over to Africa to fly.

Actually very true. Not many other regional airlines have had street captains, most that did were at the lower end of the spectrum regarding contracts. The few others were start-ups, 9E over the last 10 or so years has drawn from the street several times, they are also the only one that I know of that if a candidate was promising during training they would be moved to the left seat. Even when they were hired for the right seat.

You need to look at the history, not present day. People signing on up to 5 years ago with 9E knew the ride was over with more equipment, they were betting on attrition. One day it will happen, hopefully then those who have waited so long it will be worthwhile with a better contract.
Mesaba for a lilttle while hired DEC on the SF340s a few years ago, and that was with their TA from 2002/2003. Attrition will only happen if people actually have places to go. With the economy being in the poop-er there is no place to go. The days of quick upgrades are gone. Pinnacle upgrades will go senior, but still not as bad as Eagle or Comair where the most junior CAs are 2000 or 2001 DOHs. At Pinnacle, being hired in 2000-20001 puts you in the top of the CA list by a decent margin.

Latest resources

Back