Pinnacle upgrade less than ONE year.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Smarta$$

New award just came out. Junior captain is 1017 out of 1270 pilots. Awarded DTW.

1017 is under a year, I believe it was a may 06 class.

Last edited:
So what. They have hired street captains in the past. That would be upgrade in less than a day. That is what has to happen when you hire guys from gulfstream with 250 hours. They have to wait 3 years to upgrade.

Ok, I thought Gulfstream guys start with a C/I/ME ratings and then on top of that get 250 hours in the B1900. That would mean they come out of that program with about 500TT, which is where some street minimums are anyway (Mesa, ASA, TSA (if you do a 7 day CRJ course)).

So what. They have hired street captains in the past. That would be upgrade in less than a day. That is what has to happen when you hire guys from gulfstream with 250 hours. They have to wait 3 years to upgrade.

Alot of people want to know this stuff. Piss off if it does not interest you. Tool.

Sounds like if a guy with 2000hours went to Pinnacle, he aught to be able to upgrade fairly soon...

Don't they do like a 2 for 1 as far as hours are concerned when in a company bird?

Sounds like if a guy with 2000hours went to Pinnacle, he aught to be able to upgrade fairly soon...

Don't they do like a 2 for 1 as far as hours are concerned when in a company bird?

not exactly. The mins get reduced to 3000 with 500 in type. So you do get some kind of discount.

Call me crazy, but I don't think I'd want to be a CA with anything less than a couple years of doing the FO thing. I'd want to have seen everything.

-Goose

Call me crazy, but I don't think I'd want to be a CA with anything less than a couple years of doing the FO thing. I'd want to have seen everything.

Hey Crazy-

You may wanna get out of flying yesterday, I don't think you'll ever see everything..

Latest resources

Back