• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle upgrade less than ONE year.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
grrreat...one more airline to have my wife avoid.

thats what happens when an airline has the choice of a respectable regional airline......and then Pinnacle. They go with the lowballer for all the growth.

I know of like around senority 700 there are a bunch of people with 2600-2900 hours waiting to upgrade so I predict its gonna get senior around summer and then propbably after that street guys will come over

JM must be so happy not to be the last captain anymore

Good idea. I think I'll type up my resignation letter right now.

-Goose

P.S. Dig your avatar.

I agree with the "wanting to see some stuff" but you'll never see everything... A captain with 20+ years hasn't SEEN everything..

Pinnacle has an awesome pilot group and some awesome base managers espercially MSP. The admin people in KMSP just awesome and a breath of fresh air. If I am not complaining about Pinnacle then it can not be that bad. I have being on reserve here for 2 years. Some people just whine a lot. This is not my first regional and I have freinds in so many other airlines. Lifestyle is really about the same everywhere and with a new contract life may even be better here than in most......

I agree with the "wanting to see some stuff" but you'll never see everything... A captain with 20+ years hasn't SEEN everything..

Ok, ok, I'll rephrase it. I want to see as much as I can. But you are right--you're never going to see "everything." There comes a time that you just have to take the experience you have and trust yourself that you can cope with whatever comes at you whether you've "seen" it or not.

...Yeah, I've always enjoyed it. :)

Pinnacle has an awesome pilot group and some awesome base managers espercially MSP. The admin people in KMSP just awesome and a breath of fresh air. If I am not complaining about Pinnacle then it can not be that bad. I have being on reserve here for 2 years.
First,,, MSP admin a "breath of fresh air"? The base manager especially? WTF? Did GB resign or something I hadn't heard of?

What is an alternate slot?
Sometimes weird things happen and the guys who were slated to upgrade on the final bid can't make it to class (injury of some sort or hospitalization, wife or kids get sick, etc, etc).

There is a list of "alternates" that are the next people in line of seniority who have the minimums AND have a bid in for the position, in this case, DTW CA. If there aren't any alternates, it means that NO ONE in the company BOTH holds the time to upgrade AND has a CA bid in for DTW.

That's usually a very short step from street CA's.

I know of like around senority 700 there are a bunch of people with 2600-2900 hours waiting to upgrade so I predict its gonna get senior around summer and then propbably after that street guys will come over.
That's where a lot of the GIA folks hired 2-3 years ago are sitting. They're just waiting for the flight time.

Any street CA's that are hired are going to sit reserve for a LONG time... and I thought 3 years was a while.

thats what happens when an airline has the choice of a respectable regional airline......and then Pinnacle. They go with the lowballer for all the growth.
Ummm... not really,,, No.

PCL isn't growing. They're actually slated to LOSE a bunch of airplanes if they don't get a contract in place, which I'm of the belief will happen anyway with Compass spooling up.

The CA upgrades and massive hiring needs are due to ATTRITION. A lot of CA's are getting hired at majors and the F/O's are going to places like Netjets or better Regional jobs.

Did I just use the term "better" and "Regional jobs" in the same sentence? ;)

Call me crazy, but I don't think I'd want to be a CA with anything less than a couple years of doing the FO thing. I'd want to have seen everything.
Yeah, you're crazy. :)

Seriously, it wasn't THAT bad. Scheduled 121 is really easy after you've done any Supplemental 121 or 135 charter work where you have to do your own flight planning, w&b, etc.

The first couple months are a little eye-watering; after that it's not that big of a deal, IF you have some solid jet PIC time in your background already.

Yeah, you're crazy. :)

Seriously, it wasn't THAT bad. Scheduled 121 is really easy after you've done any Supplemental 121 or 135 charter work where you have to do your own flight planning, w&b, etc.

The first couple months are a little eye-watering; after that it's not that big of a deal, IF you have some solid jet PIC time in your background already.

I've been called worse! :)

Hmm... well, that's a pretty big IF for me, but I probably shouldn't worry about it at this stage of the game. There was a time when I wondered how I could possibly flight instruct without completely freaking and here I am 700 dual-given hours later and somehow I survived just fine. It's probably the same deal.

-Goose

yep street captain and looking forward to more street captains hitting the property. Hey Lear 70 much respect from me! The base manager here is MC and his assistant is BS. Outstanding gentlemen they run the show in MSP.

Latest resources

Back