• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle upgrade less than ONE year.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What PD said is completely accurate, except your profile indicates the BE40 and C550 which means you have some jet time as well. If a good amount of that is PIC, you *might* qualify as a street CA, and then you'd be on reserve.

Different ball of wax. Reserve is "almost" always commutable. Downside is it's just 10 days off every month... which, if you're used to being home, is a BIG slap in the face after the newness wears off.

But yeah, anything in the country within a 3 hour flight of the hub (pick one) is commutable on reserve, unless they change the line construction to all Home Reserve and make it start at 0700 or something goofy.

p.s. Bribery works well in Crew Scheduling. Pizza deliveries, cases of Tequila, all those things go over pretty well to make sure you get a lot of trips on your schedule and reserve periods removed, making your life a LOT easier.

Not that I'd know anything about that. ;)

p.s. Bribery works well in Crew Scheduling. Pizza deliveries, cases of Tequila, all those things go over pretty well to make sure you get a lot of trips on your schedule and reserve periods removed, making your life a LOT easier.

Wow..... I don't know where to begin...... except that....that practice has been termed "terminating" of ones employment in the scheduling dept.

Do you get your case of tequila back of another pilot puts in a better offer to manipulate his schedule?

I do not see them with a class date yet! Earlier I stated 16 per class...well it is 14 per class so there are more that do not have class dates.....

This is updated......They are right. 2 street capt. Seniotiry is in the 12XX
Good for them!

Dec of 04 there was 5 new hires in my class that got straight left seat. They wont give them class dates they have to go like other new hire through initial and when its time for the Oral and Sim, they get the captain oral and get to enjoy the sim in the left seat. Out of those 5 that got the bid only 2 passed all the way to the line both of those were Captains at other regionals so its not that easy....good luck to the one's that got it

Wow! Well at least J.M. will finally get some seniority.:beer:

Mitch is still there?! (I figured the street capts. would all be out shortly after hitting 1000 or 1300 turbine PIC). I am very happy to see the last couple or so Flyi holdouts (those of us who missed the street capt. cutoff when the upgrades ended) finally get their reward after the rest of us bailed (I bailed at 8 months). They sure did end up paying dues.

Once again....I will say, this is exactly what is wrong here, (9E). Although you don't work here anymore...people that kiss a.. and bribe people f.... over everyone else that is trying to play by the rules. I'm not bitter, I just refuse to sell all of my other fellow pilots out to get ahead; which is exactly what people like you did/do. It makes everyone else's lives miserable and it is wrong.

OK, let me get this straight.

Sending some pizzas to crew scheduling so that when a trip becomes available, I'm on it rather than sitting in my crashpad on reserve, is "selling all of my other fellow pilots out to get ahead"?

Me? The one who went out on a limb HOW many times trying to get PCL's wretched scheduling practices yanked in line by the FAA? "Selling people out"? WAY wrong tree, buddy...

But let's break it down:

Did I take a trip AWAY from someone? Nope. It was put into open time because someone ELSE dropped it or called in sick.

Did anyone get extended or junior manned because of it? Nope.

Did I violate the contract? Nope.

Please explain EXACTLY how EVERYONE else's lives are miserable because of that?

Be specific. EVERYONE at PCL suffered because of this EXACTLY how?

Yeah, you're not bitter. :rolleyes:

Rich,

Did you ever do any research into whether or not your bribery resulted in a more senior pilot on the "call first" list being bypassed?

Seems like "every attempt" by crew scheduling to abide by the call first/call last list might have involved simply opening a pizza box and dialing your number - instead of consulting the list.

Not knocking ya, bro... you brought it up.

Hope life is well at AirTran.

Because as a result of you "sending pizzas" to scheduling, they go through the stack of pick up requests and who do you think they are going to award the open time to?? The guy that just bribed them, or the guy that hasn't given them anything?? If you think they really care what order they approve requests in, then you are dreaming. That's what I'm saying. No one else is able to get anything approved because there is someone like you stepping on their feet to get ahead.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back