• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Delta Flow-through

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That would be a great idea-DAL pilots would get some perspective for a couple of years and perhaps would appreciate the fact that many "barbie jet" pilots do an excellent job as well..

No, you don't. That's why Delta management is actually in court trying to get rid of one. They do a crappy job.

I see the crap job you guys do on a daily basis. There is actually an objective in the 2009 Delta flight plan to bring the regionals up to Delta's standards in terms of performance and service.

In short, you cannot perform to our level. If we screw up, you screw up more.

Bottom line, if a regional does not exist, mainline fills the void with itself or another regional. Without your trunk carrier, you are out of a job. Your job stems directly from the legacy. It is that premise which is the reason that there has to be flow down equality to flow up.

nuff said. Carry on with your :bawling: :bawling:

Here's the problem. We had a pilot shortage at the regional level a few years ago. Instead of raising wages, they just lowered the requirements to the bare FAA minimums. The interview process was virtually non-existent which allowed anyone to become a regional pilot. There is now a ridiculous pilot surplus which long-term will keep our wages down. We need to hold our current requirements at the majors, create a pilot shortage, and this time raise our wages instead of lowering the hiring standards. By allowing anyone at the regionals to flow, we assure that the seats at the majors will always be filled. This is management's dream. There are many airline pilots flying today that have no business flying for an airline.

Waiting for a pilot shortage to drive up the industry wage is futile. If you want to get paid what you are worth, we will have to fight and bleed. I hate to say it, and it's tough to do, but we, as an industry, will need to strike in order to get our point accross. No underlying schemes to gain market share or grow at the expense of someone else's loss. I flash back to a movie scene in "Goodfellas". So your airline traffic is down, F-U Pay me.......so oil is up to 150 a barrel, F-U Pay me.........so you need me to subsidize your poor business model, F-U Pay Me.............

No, you don't. That's why Delta management is actually in court trying to get rid of one. They do a crappy job.

I see the crap job you guys do on a daily basis. There is actually an objective in the 2009 Delta flight plan to bring the regionals up to Delta's standards in terms of performance and service.

In short, you cannot perform to our level. If we screw up, you screw up more.

Bottom line, if a regional does not exist, mainline fills the void with itself or another regional. Without your trunk carrier, you are out of a job. Your job stems directly from the legacy. It is that premise which is the reason that there has to be flow down equality to flow up.

nuff said. Carry on with your :bawling: :bawling:

And there is where you are wrong. I fly enough on the airlines now to qualify for "platinum" status. The reason the regionals suck is their aircraft are filthy, and their schedules are unrealistic, thus making them constantly late. That is a direct result of mainlines intervention. You can't have a clean airplane unless you allocate enough time to clean the G*ddamn thing. The crews are never the problem, at least they never have been for me.

We turn a 757 in 45 to 50 minutes. A 767 in an hr. There is no reason not to be able to turn a 50/70/or 76 seat jet in 25 mins.
I did that all of the time.

We turn a 757 in 45 to 50 minutes. A 767 in an hr. There is no reason not to be able to turn a 50/70/or 76 seat jet in 25 mins.

And as you well know--that turn is totally dependent on the readiness, attitude, and efficiency of the Above Wing and Below Wing, fellow team members. Oops, those are now mainline employees, and in Atlanta usually the new hires!

25 minute turns are very possible--the flight crews are generally not the problem. However, there is no recovery time if the flight is running late.

Do you still cross seat belts on your 767? :D

Not with one flight attendant. You have got to build some time in there for human physiological needs. And you have to operate on a margin which allows resources for replacement of old seats, etc.

YOUR fellow Delta employees can't turn a 50 seat RJ in ATL in less than 45 minutes.....I thought mainline was better?

Let's do some math....How many Delta pilots do we think will be hired in the next 10 years?

I'll take a guess at none for a couple of years....and then about 350 per year starting in 2011....after the 200 or so that have to flow up from Compass and Mesaba....that leaves about 150 per year from all other sources.

Does anyone really want to pin their hopes on those odds?

Joe, there are some years that we will need to hire over 800 just to keep up with attrition.

I agree that if we hire the next few years it will be small. Now starting in 2012 the game is on. We will start and probably not stop for 20 years.

Latest resources

Back