• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Delta Flow-through

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They will actually flow more that CPS. Up to 183 a year. That is about 100 more a year than CPS can flow.
As we start hiring they and CPS get first dibs.

Frankly, CRJ567 I will not need the flow down. This is not about me, no matter how you try to spin this. It is about getting everyone on the same page. You will see the offers for a CPSesque flow be presented in the coming months.

The XJ flow is limited to 9 per month or 10% of their pilot group in a rolling 12 month period so they'll max out at 108 per year. The CP flow is limited to 20 per month or 25% of the pilot group in a rolling 12 month period so we'll max out at about 83 pilots per year.

Here's the problem. We had a pilot shortage at the regional level a few years ago. Instead of raising wages, they just lowered the requirements to the bare FAA minimums. The interview process was virtually non-existent which allowed anyone to become a regional pilot. There is now a ridiculous pilot surplus which long-term will keep our wages down. We need to hold our current requirements at the majors, create a pilot shortage, and this time raise our wages instead of lowering the hiring standards. By allowing anyone at the regionals to flow, we assure that the seats at the majors will always be filled. This is management's dream. There are many airline pilots flying today that have no business flying for an airline.

Maybe that wouldn't have been a problem if you hadn't given away your scope.

Sorry, but there's no legitimate argument to keeping these guys from flowing up. They already fly your passengers using your code in airplanes that have your company's logo and name on the side. Get the flow, then get the single list and end this outsourcing BS.

Maybe that wouldn't have been a problem if you hadn't given away your scope.

Sorry, but there's no legitimate argument to keeping these guys from flowing up. They already fly your passengers using your code in airplanes that have your company's logo and name on the side. Get the flow, then get the single list and end this outsourcing BS.

Maybe you should ask an Eagle pilot about that.

Just curious? How many Compass and/or Mesaba pilots have flowed?

Ask an Eagle pilot how many Eagle pilots have flowed. Ask an Eagle pilot how many AA pilots have flowed down!

Last edited:
Maybe you should ask an Eagle pilot about that.

Just curious? How many Compass and/or Mesaba pilots have flowed?

Ask an Eagle pilot how many Eagle pilots have flowed. Ask an Eagle pilot how many AA pilots have flowed down!

If a flowthrough was done right, it would prevent that from happening.

A Compass-style flowthrough wouldn't work at an established regional. It only worked at Compass because every pilot hired knew the deal. How is it fair to change the terms of employment for every other DCI carrier?

The only way to get the regionals to sign on, IMO, is make the Delta hiring exclusive to the DCI regional flow-up. No outside street hiring unless you go to a DCI carrier first. If DALPA/DAL did that, you'd see every DCI carrier sign on in a heartbeat -- they'd be fools not to.

A Compass-style flowthrough wouldn't work at an established regional. It only worked at Compass because every pilot hired knew the deal. How is it fair to change the terms of employment for every other DCI carrier?

The only way to get the regionals to sign on, IMO, is make the Delta hiring exclusive to the DCI regional flow-up. No outside street hiring unless you go to a DCI carrier first. If DALPA/DAL did that, you'd see every DCI carrier sign on in a heartbeat -- they'd be fools not to.

That would be a great idea-DAL pilots would get some perspective for a couple of years and perhaps would appreciate the fact that many "barbie jet" pilots do an excellent job as well..

Here's the problem. We had a pilot shortage at the regional level a few years ago. Instead of raising wages, they just lowered the requirements to the bare FAA minimums. The interview process was virtually non-existent which allowed anyone to become a regional pilot. There is now a ridiculous pilot surplus which long-term will keep our wages down. We need to hold our current requirements at the majors, create a pilot shortage, and this time raise our wages instead of lowering the hiring standards. By allowing anyone at the regionals to flow, we assure that the seats at the majors will always be filled. This is management's dream. There are many airline pilots flying today that have no business flying for an airline.

Does the Delta contract have hiring minimums?

Compass' contract has a minimum hiring requirement. I'm not sure what the exact requirements are but essentially you have to ATP eligible. I don't know if this was a company addition to the contract or an association addition, and I honestly don't know what the point is. In theory I guess if everyone was hiring it would give ALPA an opportunity to negotiate better terms in order to attract new talent. In practice the company just ignores the requirement. A handful of guys were hired with less than minimums and the result was an LOA that made it legal.

I guess given the choice of securing scope (still unlikely) or setting hiring minimums, I would choose securing scope. I think long term it gives pilots more negotiating capital. A situation might arise when there is a pilot shortage, but to give pilots negotiating power it would have to happen at a time when the company really wanted new pilots. If the company is that profitable it seems to me they would be more inclined to pay a little more anyway.

Just my opinion. I'm not advocating anything and I don't think name calling is necessary to illustrate a point. I think it's counterproductive.

And yet you continue to allow your management to source ever larger percentages of your flying to these pilots who have "no business flying for an airline".

Your idea is a change we can all believe in!

But, you can forget it! That will never, never happen! Delta and DALPA will never, never relinquish the ability to hire guys/gals coming out of the military and then the next privileged group of former employees, sons, daughters, and relatives. These folks will always get first priority amd have direct access to hiring.

So who do you think 85% of those interview slots go to flow or no flow??? Guess what these days it's still regional pilots. Are they going to require 1000 PIC and raise the pay or say 500 PIC or wait that didn't work ok how about 2000 total turbine ( yes perhaps not even 1 PIC type) not enough yet? ok how about 1000 turbine and a 4 year degree??? ect ect ect. Don't think it would happen, look at history it's already been happening. Next thing you'll know is Delta will be interviewing 250 wonders. ( oh by the way look at a certain minority program they pulled at a major college flight school and you aren't that far from it now) ( and there were MUCH better/ more qualified pilots left in the dust with that deal)

Your idea is a change we can all believe in!

But, you can forget it! That will never, never happen! Delta and DALPA will never, never relinquish the ability to hire guys/gals coming out of the military and then the next privileged group of former employees, sons, daughters, and relatives. These folks will always get first priority amd have direct access to hiring.

Relatives first and a few military guys it was heavily civilian in the last round wasn't it?

Latest resources

Back