• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Delta Flow-through

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, D is the bottom bidders. They also buddy bid to work zones over there. Of course as with everything they blame it on on the design and not the real issues. Classic middle management YCA.

We have already had eight or nine retire this year already.

Joe you wanted numbers, there you are. Fact is that we have a lot of hiring to do the next 20 years.

Yes and they confirm my belief that there won't be much hiring the next 10 years....especially the next 5 years. You are looking out past 10 years...I was probably over on my 350 per year guess..

Most of what will be hired in those 10 years are already spoken for in the Compass and Mesaba flowthrough agreements....

We turn a 757 in 45 to 50 minutes. A 767 in an hr. There is no reason not to be able to turn a 50/70/or 76 seat jet in 25 mins.
I did that all of the time.

-Now I KNOW you are completely full of crap.... You can't get the damn jetway to pull up to you and let the first person off within that amount of time!

-Most of the things that happen during a turn in ATL are way beyond the control of a flt crew.... DAL rampers who have to wake up and shuffle out to the roadway at.00000003 feet per min, lazy DAL gate agents saunter out in their "liberty bell" hats after 15 mins or so, and slack-ass fueling, bag-handling, and every other freaking service supposed to be done to one of these planes-all with three wheelchairs and a carry-off..... Lazy flight crews-indeed.

-if DAL can get anyone to clean a 767 in 5 mins., they really need to consider using whatever the hell motivation you claim to witness on other airplanes..... (I guess cleaning people just get so excited at the prospect of cleaning a BIG airplane commanded by such obviously gifted, talented, and well-compensated airmen....)

-If you think ANYONE buys your B.S., you are as gullible as you are arrogant.

wouldn't it be more appropriate to say "I've seen a 25 min. turn." I doubt very much you've turned a plane in 25....were you back there cleaning, throwing bags etc... give credit to those that actually did the work...you haven't done squat.... your fellow D employees may have....

Now a regional guy and his FA can boast about actually performing a quick turn.

How can you have retirements in the next few years? Those must be old age 60 numbers.

ROP's from Northwest that held on to the back seat of the 747 classic before age 65 rule took effect.

wouldn't it be more appropriate to say "I've seen a 25 min. turn." I doubt very much you've turned a plane in 25....were you back there cleaning, throwing bags etc... give credit to those that actually did the work...you haven't done squat.... your fellow D employees may have....

Now a regional guy and his FA can boast about actually performing a quick turn.

Quite true, I do not do anything but push buttons and get drinks, maybe eat a sandwich. I have seen them turn a jet that quick.

Also, CRJ567, if you call the passenger service freq when you enter the ramp, there will be a jet way driver there.

-Now I KNOW you are completely full of crap.... You can't get the damn jetway to pull up to you and let the first person off within that amount of time!

-Most of the things that happen during a turn in ATL are way beyond the control of a flt crew.... DAL rampers who have to wake up and shuffle out to the roadway at.00000003 feet per min, lazy DAL gate agents saunter out in their "liberty bell" hats after 15 mins or so, and slack-ass fueling, bag-handling, and every other freaking service supposed to be done to one of these planes-all with three wheelchairs and a carry-off..... Lazy flight crews-indeed.

-if DAL can get anyone to clean a 767 in 5 mins., they really need to consider using whatever the hell motivation you claim to witness on other airplanes..... (I guess cleaning people just get so excited at the prospect of cleaning a BIG airplane commanded by such obviously gifted, talented, and well-compensated airmen....)

-If you think ANYONE buys your B.S., you are as gullible as you are arrogant.

Man you have a bone to pick with everyone. I have seen, not see on a regular basis. Never said it was in ATL either. Go to those Central American destinations and they go above and beyond. ATL is another story. There is no fixin that.

f you guys want to do quick turns in ATL do what DAL does. Pilots do a quick turn, FA does not stay with you. She sits after each leg inbound for about two to three hrs. They board before you get there. You just show up and do you stuff. It takes a lot of work for scheduling, but it makes our day go by much better.

Usually, as you know, the F/A does can not walk right off the aircraft at ASA, like at mainline. She/he/they still have about 15 minutes of work to do after the last passenger gets off. That makes it real hard to do a quick turn or a/c swap.

Whenever I see or hear the word "flowthrough", I immediately start thinking "How bad can this deal screw me?" Everyone I've seen so far does little more than put the regional guy under the ax the minute mainline so much as twitches, while giving him only a mild possibility of a mainline seniority number and even that only if things at mainline are going really really really good and they're done hiring everyone else.

Way more trouble than it's worth, IMHO.

Latest resources

Back