• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Delta Flow-through

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fair enough. Hopefully the flow at CPS will change that history.

It is our goal to keep it, but we will see what management says about it.

Waiting for a pilot shortage to drive up the industry wage is futile. If you want to get paid what you are worth, we will have to fight and bleed. I hate to say it, and it's tough to do, but we, as an industry, will need to strike in order to get our point accross. No underlying schemes to gain market share or grow at the expense of someone else's loss. I flash back to a movie scene in "Goodfellas". So your airline traffic is down, F-U Pay me.......so oil is up to 150 a barrel, F-U Pay me.........so you need me to subsidize your poor business model, F-U Pay Me.............

I like the way you think. It is too bad all of our fellow pilots don't think the same way.

Fair enough. Hopefully the flow at CPS will change that history.

How can it "change that history" when the entire Compass pilot group signed on while being specifically aware of being under the ax every hour of every day? If by changing you mean that other regionals will get a similar "deal", this regional pilot's response is thanks, but no thanks. I'd much rather grab a firm hold of the bird I have in hand than hope against hope for the two the mainliner is telling me are in the bush, even though for all I know those two birds never even flew anywhere near said bush, if you get the metaphor.

Last edited:
It will prove that as the flow up a flow can work for the regional guy too.
It may not be at a carrier like EV who is established, but it is a start. When XJ flows to DAL is will prove that an established carrier has a flow that works.

Lets just hope it is not negotiated away for some BS protection.

It will prove that as the flow up a flow can work for the regional guy too.

As long as said regional guy is willing to risk everything up to and including his daily bread, right?

To give a little overseas perspective, KLM and KLM Cityhopper.

KLM Cityhopper is fully owned by KLM. They fly the Fokker 50 (midway between a ATR 42 and 72), the Fokker 70/100 and recently the EMB190.

KLM started Cityhopper around the '90. It was very complicated were FO's were hired of the street and KLM pilots could bid captain with cityhopper (due scope).Finally in 96 it was decided to create a single seniority list. All pilots hired initially with KLC could get on the KLM seniority list after passing the KLM interview proces( some didn't make it and are stuck on the regional side) and got half their time in service with a maximum of 4 years towards seniority on the mainline list.

From that point on(96),one got hired with KLM or Cityhopper(same interview proces same list) however if you got hired at Cityhopper you had to wait 6 years before you could bid a mainline position.

In '93 the CLA was changed again and everybody was equal. Everybody got hired by KLM and depending on need you either got placed with KLM or KLC. There is no 6 year period anymore. Only seat locks.

It is fairly complicated but with KLM you have horizontal and vertical seatlocks. Every new hire get's hired into a entry level postition. The entry level positions are FO on the F50, F70/100, EMB190 or CRP on any of the widebody's. Once your seatlock is up (generally 3 years, however for an entry level postion anywhere between 1 and 3 years depending on your next equipment)) you can bid any position you want.

They are still 2 different companies, however from a pilots perspective it is only different divisions with one exception, there is a pay cap when one works at KLC, however the pay cap doesn't start until you hit about the age of 40.

In my opinion it is a great system. We hold all flying from 50 seats in house. KLM hires (or did so in the past) mainly from their in house school, ex military and then experienced guys of the street. the experienced guys / ex mil could hold quick commands on the KLC side if they so desired. Every A/C holds it's own specific life style. I chosed FO on the B73, however I could easily hold captaincy on the F70/100 or EMB190. Personal choice, I'm waiting for an FO slot on a widebody.

I have often wondered though why US airlines didn't adopt a similar system

Last edited:
I have often wondered though why US airlines didn't adopt a similar system

Well, for one thing, you only have (basically) one airline and much fewer people. Any HR program is much easier to implement with smaller numbers.

We turn a 757 in 45 to 50 minutes. A 767 in an hr. There is no reason not to be able to turn a 50/70/or 76 seat jet in 25 mins.
I did that all of the time.

Depends on the "speed" of the ground handling in ATL(most above/below wing are Delta employees ) for fuel, catering, cleaning, bag handling, gate, and whether the flight crew needs to "swap" aircraft or not.

You can turn quick at out bases sometimes (no catering or cleaning, and often no crew swaps), but you won't do 25 min in ATL very often. I think Delta "schedules" a minimum of 40 min turns in ATL, for good reason.

ASA's performance stats for A-14 and D-O in 2008 frequently exceeded mainline stats as posted on the ASA web page. The company has greatly improved performance since 93, when I was hired.

Last edited:
Yea as a pilot I LOVE 25 minute turns. Lets see If we can get um...4 of them in I can spend 8 hours in the plane. Eat my stinky tuna in cruise and use the Lav in the back.

Latest resources

Back