• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Buying Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good thing Wiskey bought their flying or they'd be in a real pickle.. maybe they should to buy someone.. or just fade and dwindle in the background

does this mean Colgan is the new whipping boy of flightinfo.com?

No this means that Colgan pilots need to get the protection of ALPA on their property ASAP. Now I have heard a lot of ALPA bashing on the skywest arena. Frankly, it is BS. I have been involved with the association for 20 years as an organizer and committee member. They have the finest professional staff and labor/operations attorneys and engineers in the world. I have heard praise for ALPA professionalism from everywhere from NTSB members (a great ALPA safety volunteer is now on the board) to world class labor attorneys and the like. Only bad things I have heard about ALPA came from FAA attorneys and Ford and Harrison attorneys who LOST.....

The talk here is how the PCL pilots will get screwed. It is the Colgan pilots who stand the greatest chance of getting screwed in a whipsaw. The PCL management is drooling over the imposed contracts at the majors. They want to do as they will without any regard to contractual obligations. They are both bold enough and stupid enough to try to abrogate the PCL agreement and replace them.

BOLD and STUPID is a scary combination. If they try this with Colgan as a non union work group, the Colgan boys could find themselves in the middle of the biggest labor war of the industry. WITH NOTHING TO PROTECT THEM FROM PERFORMING STRUCK WORK Not a great place to be.

For the Colgan pilots, you are now a wholly owned subsidiary of SATAN !! Please protect yourselves appropriately.

If you are a Colgan pilot, please read my post and give it some serious thought. You need help not getting caught in the middle of a battle that you did not choose.

No this means that Colgan pilots need to get the protection of ALPA on their property ASAP. Now I have heard a lot of ALPA bashing on the skywest arena. Frankly, it is BS. I have been involved with the association for 20 years as an organizer and committee member. They have the finest professional staff and labor/operations attorneys and engineers in the world. I have heard praise for ALPA professionalism from everywhere from NTSB members (a great ALPA safety volunteer is now on the board) to world class labor attorneys and the like. Only bad things I have heard about ALPA came from FAA attorneys and Ford and Harrison attorneys who LOST.....

The talk here is how the PCL pilots will get screwed. It is the Colgan pilots who stand the greatest chance of getting screwed in a whipsaw. The PCL management is drooling over the imposed contracts at the majors. They want to do as they will without any regard to contractual obligations. They are both bold enough and stupid enough to try to abrogate the PCL agreement and replace them.

BOLD and STUPID is a scary combination. If they try this with Colgan as a non union work group, the Colgan boys could find themselves in the middle of the biggest labor war of the industry. WITH NOTHING TO PROTECT THEM FROM PERFORMING STRUCK WORK Not a great place to be.

For the Colgan pilots, you are now a wholly owned subsidiary of SATAN !! Please protect yourselves appropriately.

If you are a Colgan pilot, please read my post and give it some serious thought. You need help not getting caught in the middle of a battle that you did not choose.

Bingo!!!

struck work?????????? I agree with what you are saying, but dont get ahead of yourself. Colgan wont be flying pcl routes with the saabs anytime soon, and we arent rated on the rj.

struck work?????????? I agree with what you are saying, but dont get ahead of yourself. Colgan wont be flying pcl routes with the saabs anytime soon, and we arent rated on the rj.

Please read the post in the context of what the whipsaw could become.....
My post was not flamebait (although I am certain it will become such)

If anyone at Colgan wants information/help on how to safely begin an organizing effort give me a private message and I will direct you the right places.......

Latest resources

Back