• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Buying Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Done deal....If the kids are not that good, they are probably figuring out that getting bigger is over their heads. In most deals with family companies the blood hand around for a year with employment contracts, just long enough for the purchasing suits to get in and find out what is what, then in about a year....cya.

More than likely a trusted Pinchnickel lieutenant will go over to start getting a handle on the operation and quickly figure out how to knife the employees to increase the profits.

I've seen these guys at work close hand.

They were qualified enough to build two airlines up and sell them both for a hell of a lot more then invested at the start. Cant find many families that have done this in our industry. I'm sure the Senator and Mike are laughing all the way to the bank.

Last edited:
are you FUCCING KIDDING ME? WE ARE BEING SOLD. GOD DAN IT. WELL HEY MAYBE OUR SCREW SCHEDULERS CANT F US ANYLONGER! Are their going to be furlows? displacement?

I will be the first to say if this is true NO BODY BITCH ABOUT WHO TOOK WHOS FLYING. We are all in it together if it happens to be true.

Although the contract end-around sounds fishy to me, as long as we (Colganinnicle) keep the ALB base... I'm stickin' around.

the lieutenant has already been decided... the former CEC director I am hearing... I wish DW would go to, but I doubt that would ever happen. Although he has more time in a Saab then in the CRJ.:)

integration of SOC by the summertime... SOC will be MEM based is the other rumor.

Oh well, I guess Pinnacle isn't buying Regions.. :)

Question for PCL 128 if you read this - If we bought another airline, does this go around our scope clause that all flying must be done by pinnacle pilots?

ALPA legal (and this MEC, of course) are of the opinion that our current scope language protects us in this sort of situation. All flying done by any Pinnacle Holdings airline is to be done by ALPA pilots on the Pinnacle Airlines seniority list under our CBA. Period. I suspect that Phil might try to force the issue, and if he does, then he'll find himself and his lawyers in court very quickly over a Section 1 (scope) grievance. Under the RLA, Section 1 grievances are expedited and don't go through the long process of a typical grievance. The issue would be resolved relatively quickly. I'm confident that ALPA would be successful.

Latest resources

Back