• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Buying Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey I heard their is a Colgan RJ class in March? is this true?

Just kidding ! Good morning! :)

Have a great weekend brothers

I thought you left Pinnacle a long time ago??? Did you come back, because it sure seems like it!!
LOL - coming up on 10 months.

Have several friends still there (some of which I'm trying to help get out), so I still have a vested interest in what goes on.

Not to mention that I've profited nicely 3 times off stock purchases keeping my "ear to the ground" on PCL stock. This helps me stay in tune with what's going on and recognize good rumor from bullsh*t.

Fly safe! :)

Wow....you fly a Saab and your calling a CRJ an underpowered piece of crap? Now thats rich!

FOR THE RECORD I FLY THE BEECH...AND THE SAAB IS ALSO AN UNDERPOWERED TURD WITH WINGS.

PCL and Colgan airlines will never "merge." There is no operational advantage in doing this as the carriers don't have anything in common. Whats at stake (for pilots anyway) is operating as a single seniority list under a common contract. This is optimal for both groups as it eliminates the possibility of whipsaw and boosts barganing power. Colgan pilots get the added benefit of enhanced career progression and earnings that larger/faster aircraft bring.

because with the fast upgrade at colgan many of the captains will become too junior to hold captain.

Kaman, No one meant this as a personal attack against you. This going going to be a simple play by PCL management to try and end run around our scope section. The section is pretty clear that ANY holding company flying will belong to the PCL pilot list. We hope to win this in Federal court soon and bring ALL Colgan pilots into the fold with us. We need to work together against this kind of power grab. This is what PCL management is all about unfortunately.

well i am sure as heck not going to sit reserve in msp for 21 bucks an hour because we wanted to join the illustrious and very effective ALPA. ALPA has done wonders for your guy's quality of life! just ask any pinnacle pilot how great their working conditoins are compared to colgan and you will immediately see the utility of a union.

Unfortunately Suupah, You have yet to understand how Pinnacle likes to run things. If we didn't have a union in house they would have EVERYONE on reserve for any period of time that you weren't flying. Seriously, that's their take on pilots' QOL. They don't even like the 1000 hours in a year regulation. It burns them up. So yes, I am VERY glad we have a union here. It's my early opinion that you would be best to have one there. But it probably won't take very long for PCL management to stick their finger in your schedulinig practices. I bet they are licking their chops now that they have a non-union carrier. They have never wanted ALPA on property from day one and do everything within their power to not deal with our union.

Extensions and Junior Manning are the norm here. It's how they like to run and staff and airline. I don't mean to be throwing you a downer, it's just the reality of PCL.

LOL - coming up on 10 months.

Have several friends still there (some of which I'm trying to help get out), so I still have a vested interest in what goes on.

Not to mention that I've profited nicely 3 times off stock purchases keeping my "ear to the ground" on PCL stock. This helps me stay in tune with what's going on and recognize good rumor from bullsh*t.

Fly safe! :)

Careful Rich that might be considered "Nay-Sayer Trading"

TO ALL COLGAN PILOTS. "NO ALPA". If we unionize lets get someone else. stay separate from pinnacle ALPA.

its

Latest resources

Back