• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Buying Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Who the hell makes $48 over here at Colgan.. Not me.. maybe if i made something like that i would consider 2% but seeing what they have done for you so far i would still pass..

Because they've done so much for you guys with your less than 2% you give them...

In fact doesn't your company consistently go against your contract and when called on it respond with "file a grievance with your union and we'll get to it in a few years"??? Don't tell me they don't because I know otherwise from my friends at 9E.

Sounds pretty effective to me...

No Thanks, I think we'll stick with the devil we know.

Let me try to understand your arguement. You are aware that the company that now owns you and will integrate system operational control over you has a reputation for not following their agreed too scheduling rules. Yet you feel that you are better off going up against said company on your own? You guys need to understand that things have changed. The status quo will not be the same for long. What did not seem neccesary weeks ago is very neccesary NOW. If you don't see that things have changed you need to get your head out of the sand.

So you expect the company to look out for your best interest? Good luck with that.

By the way, get your head out of the sand.

I'm not stupid enough to think the company OR union has my best interest in mind. They're both all about the money. If you think the union really cares about you keeping a job try asking the folks at Eastern or NWA. Having been screwed by a union and Coex in the past, I'll take my chances deciding for myself where I work and keep putting what I would've paid in union dues into the bank.

Let me get this straight a 2nd year fo at Pinnacle makes 24 dollars an hour and a 2nd year Fo makes 23 dollars an hour at Colgan and how does a union help us?

Let me get this straight a 2nd year fo at Pinnacle makes 24 dollars an hour and a 2nd year Fo makes 23 dollars an hour at Colgan and how does a union help us?

Because without a union, Pinnacle can lower that to 18/hour tonight... with nothing more than a memo.

Because without a union, Pinnacle can decide to bring on a new aircraft type and IMPOSE a payrate with you, instead of negotiating a fair one with you.... with nothing more than a memo.

Pinnacle can and WILL (maybe not this week, or next month, but soon), make changes to your quality of life... and you are powerless.

The only vote you have currently is one cast with a resignation letter. You have no power, no protection, and basically no rights.

If you all remain a seperate entity, and vote in a union. The union will consist of YOU! Colgan pilots! You will negotiate a fair contract, you will have the resources of ALPA at your disposal to enforce the contract. You will have the power to avoid being used as a pawn in the whipsaw game. The days of working for a small, family owned business ended yesterday. Pinnacle didn't buy Colgan in order to operate 40 or 50+ airplanes, you are about to become a sizable regional airline.

I've worked for union and non-union carriers. Never in my life did I ever imagine such an anti-labor management group existed, but the devil does exist... and he resides on Nonconnah Blvd. I hope you all make an informed decision, instead of relying on what the status quo has been under the Colgan family. Remember, Colgan isn't calling the shots anymore.

Here's the deal. The Pinnacle pilot group agreement specifically calls for scope provisions with anyone that is above PCL Airlines. That company is now PCL Corporation. Therefore, all flying done at PCL Corp is to be done by the PCL pilot list. Colgan pilots will eventually be integrated, whether management wants it or not. I think we haven't heard much from ALPA because they are getting ready to file their lawsuit in Federal Court. Then we will hear something.

As a 9E pilot, I can not imagine anyone here is stupid enough to look down on a Colgan pilot. If there are any, believe me, they will be shown the error of their thinking.

As for Colgan pilots getting screwed in an integration process, think again. Attrition is so high at both companies that upgrades will continue to go junior at both operations for a long time. The Colgan operation now has access to more capital to fund expansion (Q400, etc). Fences would prevent anyone from being kicked out of their base/seat. If a Colgan pilot wanted the oportunity to fly a bigger aircraft for more $$$, they would have the oportunity to bid for it, while keeping logevity for pay and not having to start over at the bottom of someones list.

Anyone that blames the low pay or contractual issues at 9E on ALPA is flat wrong. They are working hard to improve things, and mgmt is working hard NOT to improve things. If it wasn't for our contract and representation, I gaurentee that our health insurance prices would have doubled (with less coverage), our CA pay would have been cut, everyone would be on reserve esentially all of the time, and anyone who stood up to the BS would loose their job.

To Colgan pilots: Nice to meet you. Looking forward to working with you on running safe airlines and getting the contract we both deserve. Hope WE can get the Q400, I used to fly the 100/200/300 and it's a great airplane. The jet isn't really as much fun to fly, but it does have some perks.

See you around,
Turbo

Because without a union, Pinnacle can lower that to 18/hour tonight... with nothing more than a memo.

Because without a union, Pinnacle can decide to bring on a new aircraft type and IMPOSE a payrate with you, instead of negotiating a fair one with you.... with nothing more than a memo.

Pinnacle can and WILL (maybe not this week, or next month, but soon), make changes to your quality of life... and you are powerless.

The only vote you have currently is one cast with a resignation letter. You have no power, no protection, and basically no rights.
BINGO!

Dubya, I hope you were taking notes. ;)

Latest resources

Back