Pinnacle Buying Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WildBlue

I thought I would start another thread on this one.

Tomorrow, Pinnacle will announce that they have purchased Colgan. A large number of Pinnacle employees were told this today.

No word on any management changes or how much is being paid.

You guys are gonna just love Trenary and his band of merry men. Trenary looks great and talks a very nice, warm fuzzy game. Beware!

I find this very hard to believe, but if it did come true, if I were at colgan, I would run far away. You are being bought by a management team that is not even responsible enough to get their own pilots contract done because they are to busy trying to get other flying certificates.

the only Fuk#$# thing our managment has been trying to do is get a second certificate that we would not be able to fly for. They have been trying to sugar coat it with "oh, you guys will get all new northwest flying", well guess what, there is none of that becuase those 15 crj's aren't even gauranteed to stay here.

Now that we won't let them out of our scope clause that protects us, they probably will try to buy another airline.

Question for PCL 128 if you read this - If we bought another airline, does this go around our scope clause that all flying must be done by pinnacle pilots?

Last edited:
I'm not PCL, (obviously) but I'll take a stab. No scope issues, just the respective groups get to indulge themselves in the moderate to severe pleasure of integrating the lists.

The scope is VERY clear. Any flying done under the Express 1/Pinnacle Airlines brand is to be done by the current seniority list. It won't matter at all if we by another airline. If PCL management tried an end run with buying another airline and getting around our scope, I believe they would find themselves in Federal court pretty quickly. Should be interesting.

If the rumor is true, I would look forward to welcoming the Colgan pilots. More voices for a better contract!

yep...

it's true

been brewing for about 6 or more weeks...

10 am tomorrow the announcement will be made by Uncle Phil via webcast and in all three domiciles.

Well well well... Maybe Colgan will get jets!!

If true, I don't know if this is good or bad. I'm surprised though that the Senator would sell. His kids will have to get real jobs now and frankly, outside of 1 college educated lady, they aren't qualified for much.

what the hell are we buying them for? What good does it do? Opinions?

Pinnacle needs turboprops to feed the long-haul RJ route structure.....Just like NWA used to need RJ's to feed the 747 long-haul international route structure. It's makes perfect business sense. (Sarcasm over)

Latest resources

Back