• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Buying Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Turbo...I think you misread what I wrote. I said nothing about quality of life.
You get your time and leave because it's hard to have a decent one on what Colgan pays you. I said nothing about who deserves what. The Colgans tell you point blank that they expect only about 3 to 4 years from you and then they expect you to move on.
As for the the Phil Trenary letter.....I wasn't drinking any kool-aid. I suppose I should've emphasized my sarcasm while reading that letter....I agree with you there, from what I hear, it's quite the BS....

Turbo...I think you misread what I wrote. I said nothing about quality of life.
You get your time and leave because it's hard to have a decent one on what Colgan pays you.

What I am saying is that no it shouldn't be that way, hasn't always been that way, and isn't that way at some other carriers. You shouldn't have to move on just to get some basic level of qol/compensation. In order to assure that for Colgan/9E pilots, we would both be better off with a combined list.

Sorry I didn't catch the sarcasm re: Phil's letter.

Turbo

wouldn't it be nice if all airlines paid decently? If you could pick a job because you liked the type of flying they did? If you were not looked at like a piece of scum or trash who can be easily replaced? If your skills and experience were actually valued? oh christ somebody slap me before I slit my wrists!!!

He didn't try to convince him. He made a bullsh!t threat and tried to conceal it in a statement. Whoever said that they are sick of hearing about how we'll be gone in two years, you know how we feel about hearing about your bullsh!t attempt to protect yourselves at our expense. I was ready to sign a card last Thursday but since reading all the pre-packaged shyte that you are spewing, I'll take my chances and wait and see. Kaman is right, Colganites. Let the dust settle and things cool off, then make your decision.

I understand that some of these posts have gotten out of hand. I feel responsible for the first post about organizing, but after re reading it I still think it is on target. The problem with waiting for the dust to settle is that it is your interests that have crumbled into said dust by that time. Not at the hands of PCL pilots, but at the hands of management. If you read my first post last week, you will note that I rebuffed a comment that Colgan pilots should become the whipping boys of this forum, and suggested organizing for THEIR interests. I still stand by that post. Guys, I have been in the regional industry for 24 years and I really do understand what is going on and what your problems and plight are (collectively)

On another note,,,,Make no mistake, what you are willing to accept at the regional level (to build experience) will haunt you later in your career. If you work for less to get time, you are walking on the backs of pilots who will follow and more importantly, you are undermining the foundations of what you expect in the future.

I understand that some of these posts have gotten out of hand. I feel responsible for the first post about organizing, but after re reading it I still think it is on target. The problem with waiting for the dust to settle is that it is your interests that have crumbled into said dust by that time. Not at the hands of PCL pilots, but at the hands of management. If you read my first post last week, you will note that I rebuffed a comment that Colgan pilots should become the whipping boys of this forum, and suggested organizing for THEIR interests. I still stand by that post. Guys, I have been in the regional industry for 24 years and I really do understand what is going on and what your problems and plight are (collectively)

On another note,,,,Make no mistake, what you are willing to accept at the regional level (to build experience) will haunt you later in your career. If you work for less to get time, you are walking on the backs of pilots who will follow and more importantly, you are undermining the foundations of what you expect in the future.

Well said.

That is a good way to put it. I wish more people understood this.

Turbo

Latest resources

Back