• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Buying Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
. Only bad things I have heard about ALPA came from FAA attorneys and Ford and Harrison attorneys who LOST......

Regrettably it also comes from its own misinformed and particpation lacking members....

I wasnt calling it flamebait. I think both pilot groups realize that this could either go as they say it will go, or it could get ugly real quick. Both pilot groups are stuck now, and colgan has no representation.

Both pilot groups are stuck now, and colgan has no representation.

The PCL pilot group is not stuck. We have legal recourse, millions in cash, and an army of lawyers to defend our contract. Unless the Colgan group organizes quick you'll just be along for the ride.

struck work?????????? I agree with what you are saying, but dont get ahead of yourself. Colgan wont be flying pcl routes with the saabs anytime soon, and we arent rated on the rj.

The interpretation of our CBA's scope clause is that all flying performed on behalf of Pinnacle Airlines Corp (the holding company) is to be performed by Pinnacle Airlines pilots. Technically, the flying that you all are doing today is in violation of our contract, since the purchase of Colgan was complete this morning. I'm sure ALPA Legal is busy today.

It is a little premature to bring it up. However, if Pinnacle pilots were to strike... then any flying performed by or for Pinnacle Airlines Corporation would be considered struck work. IMHO, this is a situation that may rear it's ugly head a lot sooner than you all might think.

If you look at this from a strictly contractual point of view, you are doing our flying now. We would like nothing more than to bring you guys onboard as ALPA represented Pinnacle Airlines pilots. This would protect you, and it would allow us all to move forward in contract negotiations to seek a fair and
equitable collective bargaining agreement with Pinnacle Airlines Corporation.

9E management has been desperately trying to seek relief from our scope clause for some time now. This is evident in them seeking (and failing) to obtain a second certificate. Also, their current contract proposal to us includes a relaxed scope clause that would allow flying to go to other carriers. They know we won't cave... so they decided to buy another airline and take their chances in court.

You guys need to get some representation ASAP. Oh, and welcome to Pinnacle.

You know all this talk know of Colgan flying technically being "PCL" flying is a bunch of horse dung. First of all, we are not members of ANY union and our current contracts with any mainline codeshares were awarded to CJC and flown with our airplanes and on our certificate. So, don't even think for one second that you are going to use the word "SCAB" and "COLGAN" in the same sentence. If you want to do that, then meet me in the parking lot at IAD and pack a friggin lunch, because I am not going to hear that crap thrown around.
The Colgan Air pilot group is a great group of people that routinely get the job done under very difficult conditions and often at the hands of our own support and managment groups. We were'nt privvy to any of the pre-sale negotiations and simply put on the uniform and go to work. Any comparisons that any of you Pinnacle guys that aren't old enough to have a hair on your ass best shut the FUUK UP.
Yeah, this sounds like a very acrimonious and antagonistic post. BUT, and I don't represent the opinion or position of the Colgan pilot group, but I damned sure won't let anyone come here in this setting and try to make any pleas, ultimatums or what have you to join your union so that we aren't "violating your scope" or as mentioned earlier:
The interpretation of our CBA's scope clause is that all flying performed on behalf of Pinnacle Airlines Corp (the holding company) is to be performed by Pinnacle Airlines pilots. Technically, the flying that you all are doing today is in violation of our contract, since the purchase of Colgan was complete this morning. I'm sure ALPA Legal is busy today.
If we want to join the bloody union we will do so on our own, and not be intimidated into doing so. You guys need to worry about your own contract, your own flying thats already on your operating certificate. If as I suspect PCL, Inc. wants to operate Pinnacle Airlines as the RJ carrier with a union and Colgan as the turboprop non-union airline then thats the way it's going to be. And, never shall the two meet in the middle. Any flying that comes down the road later, or should PCL decide to put CRJs (heaven forbid we get those underpowered pieces of crap) on our certificate than I guess we'll cross that road when we get to it.
BOTTOM-LINE to the PCL ALPA MEC...Don't use intimidation or scare tactics to get Colgan pilots and especially the top 50-75 seniority pilots to listen to your crap.

Kaman-

Not sure where you got your info? from a PCL MEC source? If it is from the message boards then I question the source.. and use of it.

Fact is an Air Line Pilot is an Air Line Pilot. There is no pilot better than the other. That goes from UAL to DAL to MAG to PCL to Colgan to Commutair.

In many ways it takes much more to fly a turbo prop than a jet. The Colgan pilots are one of the best...

We are all the same regardless of union affiliation.

Unified and of Course Rezfully Yours....

Latest resources

Back