• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Buying Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TO ALL COLGAN PILOTS. "NO ALPA". If we unionize lets get someone else. stay separate from pinnacle ALPA.

Wow....you fly a Saab and your calling a CRJ an underpowered piece of crap? Now thats rich!

FOR THE RECORD I FLY THE BEECH...AND THE SAAB IS ALSO AN UNDERPOWERED TURD WITH WINGS.

These are all very GOOD aircraft for cetain missions. The Saab has been a work horse for the regional industry. The aircraft just came out much heavier than they expected hence the CT7 becoming the CT75A2 and later a stop gap Saab B with the CT9. All the while waiting to unleash the mighty Saab 2000 which the CRJ summarily killed. Before it could launch the 2000 the CRJ showed up with more performance at nearly the same price in a REAL jet (well almost)

Now the CRJ actually stands for climb restricted jet. But it still does what it does for amazing efficiency. The economic killer for the CRJ will eventually be the debt service/aquisition cost, not the efficiency actual operations cost. I know they all roll in together. But that is why O&D ops in a CRJ is a joke,,,right Indy (I am not normal)

Both great aircraft for their day..... What day is it anyway?????

Is Pinnacle union?

Yes they are union. What does ALPA have to do with Maintenance?
Not too concerned about it--no longer a Colgan holding the purse strings.

Fixit--you rock. You know my opinion on unions. Say hi to my son.

Last edited:
Yes they are union. What does ALPA have to do with Maintenance?
Not too concerned about it--no longer a Colgan holding the purse strings.

Fixit--you rock. You know my opinion on unions. Say hi to my son.

So you expect the company to look out for your best interest? Good luck with that.

By the way, get your head out of the sand.

If you had ALPA there, it would be Colgan ALPA. It would be your union and not have anything to do with the Pinnacle group other than working together for the better of BOTH pilot groups.I have heard rumors that when Colgan tried to unionize a few times in the past, certain pilots were pulled off the line for an unscheduled PC. Any truth to this? Sounds illegal to me.

its very true. The colgans have kept the union off the property for 40 years. But under the colgan's, pilots didnt need a union. The pilots knew exactly what they were getting into, and the colgans over time proved that they could be trusted. They had just as much interest in the company as the pilots becuase it was a family owned business. They were fair, and respected for that. They didn't pull tricks like some other airlines do. Yeah, ppl got hosed on certain items, whch wasn't right.

I'm glad to hear that it has worked out in the past, but unfortunately, this PCL management can not be trusted. They have outright lied to us MULTIPLE times when it has come to contract negotiations. You be the judge.

I think that what you don't understand about Colgan is only the top 50 pilots have been here more than 6 years. As someone said, "Colgan is like a Part 121 Air Net type operation". People stay here, get their 2 types and a couple of types and move on. This has been going on since 1992 when Chuck senior and his son bought the operating certificate back from the failed Presidential Airways.
Having said all that you are going to see anywhere from outright militant attitudes of wanting to have ALPA show up tommorow complete with lanyards to total apathy. Of course, this will be like a bell curve with alot of people just waiting too see which way to jump. If the turboprop flying remains with the CJC side then I think you will have a non-issue. Looking at your payscales and our's. Can it get much worse? I think that both sides have a vested interest, but Colgan pilots are the one's with the least leverage and no protection. There is nothing to stop the new ownership from completely scrapping our way of operating (i.e., outbasing and short upgrades). If a whipsaw takes place, than it won't be on Colgan's pilot group. We are the pawns in this high stakes game of airline monopoly where the stakes aren't play money, but the careers and families of the pilots caught in the middle. Let's hope that management has some respect for the hard-work that we put into this job. If not, to hell with them and I'm going to go drive a truck.

Relax. It will only cost you less than 2 percent of your $48/hour!

Relax. It will only cost you less than 2 percent of your $48/hour!

Because they've done so much for you guys with your less than 2% you give them...

In fact doesn't your company consistently go against your contract and when called on it respond with "file a grievance with your union and we'll get to it in a few years"??? Don't tell me they don't because I know otherwise from my friends at 9E.

Sounds pretty effective to me...

No Thanks, I think we'll stick with the devil we know.

Good point. 9E management/scheduling does violate the contract often, but there is the grievance process to rectify the problem. Just imagine what they would do if they didn't have any "binding" rules to play by. It's completely up to the Colgan pilot group if they want to organize or not. We are just trying to give our new stepbrothers a heads up on how best to deal with the crap that PT likes to hand out. You work for an uncaring corporation now, not a family. You've never met a devil like this.

Latest resources

Back