• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pinnacle Buying Colgan

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Allegheney-Mohawk is a widely used precedent that basically weighs the career expectations of one group against the other. In the Shuttle-CHQ merger the shuttle guys got screwed because their career expectations were lower due to the type of aircraft they operated at the time of the acquisition.

The same can be said for the NW Orient-Republic merger (Roberts Decision). NWA operated a sizable fleet of widebodies on a healthy international route network and Republic was primarily a regional airline. End result was that Republic guys got hosed not by virtue of hire date adjustment to determine seniority but by fences that limited career advancement.

Last edited:
Relax, guys. This MEC won't be trying to screw anyone over. You certainly won't be hearing anything about a "staple-job" from me.

Colgan pilots: It would be nice to get to talking with some Colgan pilots as soon as possible to get the lines of communication open. If you or anyone you know at Colgan has any ALPA-work background from a previous carrier, please send me a PM. The quicker we can get the two pilot groups talking together, the better.

Shuttle/Chq integration was done using Allegheny-Mohawk 3 and 13. Good luck on this one!

This is refered to as Section 3 & 13 of the Labor Protective Provisions of the Civil Aeronautics Board.

Sounds like BS to me, and if it had any shred of validity I think we'd have heard more out of HEF. I did hear the bid for the WV flying is in and that it will be on the USAirwas side. More SAABs this year is a possibility, beyond that I have not personally heard any other future plans.
Hypothetically speaking, I am hoping that if the Colgan's were selling the airline that they would try to negotiate favorable terms for the employees here. I think that the upper 50 or so stand the most to loose. Anyone below that is likely going to leave very quickly after a sale unless their pay, benefits, seat, etc... are protected.

Regards,

ex-Navy Rotorhead

ok, can anyone tell me why pinnacle would want to buy Colgan???

if they just wanted another ticket, aren't there cheaper ones out there?

Thats probably why they have not raised the 2 year fo pay look at pinnacles

They wanted three new code shares

Did PLC pilots ever fly those saabs that they own, or were they leased out to Mesaba? I'm lacking on my redtail history here.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back