• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pilots against JBPA (jetblue union)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Take this for what its worth but 190 class of 16 mid February. Friend works in the training department. So I doubt they are 300 over staffed.

And just to set the record straight there is NOT going to be 300 Furloughs the second a union is voted in. that is nothing but company issued FUD FEAR, UNCERTAINTY AND DOUBT !!! It is tactic #1.

We are not 300 fat that number was thrown out when oil was in the run up to $147 a barrell and jetblue was dealing with the reality that selling an additional 15 aircraft was in the works in addition to the shared sacrifice of potential 55-60 hour monthly bid divisors.

Take a look at the daily reserves. Most days end up in the red or close. Every day of every weekend are always red.

Plus these part time gigs and opt out programs were only posted as 10 slots each??!!

Plus we are expecting to hire up to 40 new hires into the 190 into the new year.

Dont get me wrong I love other opinions that is how people learn new things but your rant is either out of ignorance with your rosy current situation OR you just take any info thrown at you hook line and sinker

Forecast for travel in 2009 is looking very dismal. It doesn't matter if oil is at $25/barrel when no one is flying-- we're still not going to make any money... As for the 300 possible furloughs, that number has been around for a while. If you look at the current bid divisors, one can assume that to get to 85+ hours again, we can lop off at least a few FOs. Additionally, our reserves are not flying- look at the currencies for these guys who are flying 20 hour months at best in some bases, some not flying at all!!!

So, if you want a change in the way our relationship is with management and the current NO FURLOUGHS, then vote for JBPA. I want to see what JBPA can deliver in this economic time of crisis-- you'll be wishing we had status quo when the company comes asking for concessions and starts furloughing just like Airtran, Spirit, United, American, Alaska, NWA, and Delta have done in the past and will do in the future. Nothing like a 100% pay cut!!!

Take this for what its worth but 190 class of 16 mid February. Friend works in the training department. So I doubt they are 300 over staffed.

This has come to fruition due to the non-sale of a few E-190s. When the vote is done in February, and it goes the way of JBPA-- EVERYTHING COMES OFF THE TABLE. And you know what, it might not stop at 300!!!!

And thanks to JBPA, we're not going to see anything positive from management until the vote is complete. From Dave Barger, " in fact, we created the concept of the Permanent Working Committees to address those items we couldn't action immediately- a concept that we are unable to action at this time because of the representation filing with the NMB."

So thanks, JBPA for slowing or even stopping what was put forward to possibly move things in the right direction for pilots. Thank you very much...

So thanks, JBPA for slowing or even stopping what was put forward to possibly move things in the right direction for pilots. Thank you very much...

Yes, we were breathlessly awaiting myriad, significant improvements in the mid-Nov to early-Feb timeframe, is that what you're saying? Bayou, they weren't even going to seat the new committees until after that. I can't believe you're that naive.

I want to see what JBPA can deliver in this economic time of crisis-- you'll be wishing we had status quo when the company comes asking for concessions and starts furloughing just like Airtran

We're recalling pilots and rescinding displacements, actually. The company says advance bookings are looking great for next year and we're expecting an $80 million profit for the year. But thanks for thinking about us.

As for status quo, your no-furlough clause in the individual 5-year contracts remains in effect until a new collective bargaining agreement is signed under JBPA, so there won't be any furloughs as soon as JBPA gets elected. That fear mongering is ridiculous.

Good luck to the JBPA pilots.

Blue Bayou,

Whats your story?
I respect very much so your right and choice not to vote a union in. So why do you not respect others and quickly blame JBPA when at least 35% of us believe that the current processes is not working, and for what is it worth it is not JBPA that is your problem it is your fellow pilot who have made this happen. I pick up a lot of bitterness towards a union which I would imagine you were done in by one at the last company or do you believe that a union is just over all bad for JetBlue long term viability? Or do you think that the company will give us 13 to 14% and establish a B fund for retirement benefits? Better Health benefits? Also what about a merger (2 million will go fast with an unprecedented dealing with 2000 contracts)? Just wondering and in no way am trying to bate you. I just see you say a lot about JBPA and I would like to know how these things are going to be fixed when they just had their great chance to do in April and May while they were putting together the PCRB action plan. Any rate I am just interested. (oh yeah if you do not want to respond here free to PM or you can find me on bluepilots under the same screen name)

An E190 FO

Last time you posted something like this...I couldn't believe you could be so foolish. But now that you've done it again...I'm forced to believe that you're just not that smart.

Are you freakin' kidding me? You still believe that improvements were right around the corner?....if only that pesky JBPA didn't come along....we'd be getting email after email about pay raises...trip/night rigs....LOL coverage....better health care....no more contract pilots flying our planes...:rolleyes:

Really scary....

Please open your eyes...they had quite a few years to make things right. Years when we were very profitable. And now...all of a sudden....on the brink of a union election...Dave "gets it"....f-ing spare me.

Will you DORKS please take this to another thread?

Seriously, this thread is about JB and the NMB -- not a discussion about the Founding Fathers, God, the evolution of the Union, the Magna Carta, or whether Sleestacks on the TV show "The Land of the Lost" harmed an entire generation of children.

START ANOTHER F-IN THREAD YOU JAGNUTS.

I couldn't have said it better myself ...

Me either on the overmanning. I got 84 hr line in November, 93 in December.

You mean thanks JBPA (and the 700-1000 pilots standing by the JBPA).

Once again -- Colonel Beard, it's your brethren that have initiated this effort. Not some fringe group that doesn't care about JetBlue. Your fellow pilots. That's the JBPA.

Latest resources

Back