• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So Chef...

So it's Nick B?
He isn't keeping anything a secret.

Can someone have an opinion that may or may not differ from your own?

You're not one of them left wingers that get their panties tied up in a wad when someone has a different perspective on a topic... are you?

If you are saying that left-wingers are guilty of this, but not right-wingers, may I mention two words? Bill O'Reilly.

So Chef...
Can someone have an opinion that may or may not differ from your own?

You're not one of them left wingers that get their panties tied up in a wad when someone has a different perspective on a topic... are you?

Like it is a simple as that? Please, don't act like you are the only intelligent person in a room full of dolts.

The reality is Nick's actions and the PVC's silence regarding his actions support the lack of faith in the PVC to do their job effectively.

The solution to this problem was very simple - So you are Nick Berdeguez and you find out that JBPA filed? You realize that you have a commitment to every JB pilot and it is therefore your responsibility to remain neutral.

Like it is a simple as that? Please, don't act like you are the only intelligent person in a room full of dolts.

The reality is Nick's actions and the PVC's silence regarding his actions support the lack of faith in the PVC to do their job effectively.

The solution to this problem was very simple - So you are Nick Berdeguez and you find out that JBPA filed? You realize that you have a commitment to every JB pilot and it is therefore your responsibility to remain neutral.

So far the PVC doesn't see it that way. They maintain that the website is his individual opinion and in no way reflects the PVC nor will it interfere with Nick's ability to serve every pilot in an unbiased manner.

Every JB pilot should email the PVC with their concerns.

Chef says I'm a nut.. thank you.

Wow..

Some of you guys are real characters...

First off..

I am fairly certain that a member of the PVC can be against JBPA and still fairly represent a pilot with matters pertaining to the PVC. Since when is anti JBPA anti pilot? Or pro management?

Secondly..

O'Reilly is a little off the deep end with all the shouting but at least he has some hot blond tail on the show.

And being called a "nut" by Chef is a compliment in my book. With his 1500 posts he'll soon have a General Lee following that can bow down and worship him.

My MAIN POINT is ..
Can't a person have a differing opinion without it becoming a shouting match or emotionally charged issue?

There are legitimate pros/cons with voting in a union.
Why do we always have to listen to those that shout the loudest and believe them?

I have 15 years of ALPA experience and there were no guarantees and plenty of gripes. You voted on your five year contract... grieved all the loopholes the negotiators left in the contract... then negotiated 2-3 years to get your next contract.

So why don't you guys all take a deep breath, fly your airplanes and vote how you want.

Just keep your clam sauce breath out of my face.

Oh yea Chef, you got a lot of union experience I guess in the bunkroom of the carrier with your F-14?

Too bad I'm on your ignore list.

Someone please paste this so he'll get it!
Thank YOU.

Could someone please explain this PVC thing? What is the purpose of the PVC? Who appoints the members? Do they represent pilots being disciplined?

It's a half hearted attempt to make the sheep feel like they are represented. Guess what we're not. I'm voting yes and Nick needs to step down. I'll try and be a gentleman and not comment about a specific individual.

What I think is really weird is the fact that the Jet Blue Pilots Association hasn't used the fact of this "Values Committee" to petition the NMB for union status.

"Values Committees", or any other type of committee that is company sponsored and takes the place of union duties is a "de facto" admission that the workforce is unionized.

It doesn't even take a card vote to certify, the NMB can (and has) simply said, "If it walks and talks like a union, it is a union."

That's why so many companies are loath to give any power to employee committees--they get socked with a representation decision they don't want if they cross the line between advisory and proto-union constructs.

JBLU already has a union on its property.

It's not a stretch to say that the presence of a standardized written contract with the pilots, the presence of a values committee (what does "PVC" stand for anyway?) and other assorted "if you had a union, they'd be doing this for you, we'll just do it so you don't feel you need a union" tidbits add up to a union on the property.

In my view, and I studied quite a bit of labor law in college, Jet Blue already is unionized and is only a hair's breadth away from certification as such.

If the company bends over so far backwards to give you what a union would give you to keep a union off the property, it can run the risk of going too far and being considered a company-sponsered union.

There's a lot of case history of this, but it's mostly a long time ago, but the case history is why so many companies avoid anything that looks like a company-sponsored union. They start out trying to do good, then oops, they created their own union on the property.

Latest resources

Back