Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boeingman said:
Selfishness and worrying about yourself

How is that diffferent from the thoughts of those wanting to raise the retirement age?

Okay, so some want 65, well, I am sure once they get there, many will want just a few more years, heck, why not 70, isn't that the new 60. So let's not limit it at all, pass your medical, you are good to go!

Open the pandoras box, see what comes out:)

Dizel8 said:
Okay, so some want 65, well, I am sure once they get there, many will want just a few more years, heck, why not 70, isn't that the new 60. So let's not limit it at all, pass your medical, you are good to go!

Open the pandoras box, see what comes out:)

Yep, 65 will just quiet the whizzing and moaning for a couple years, thats all. Then the usual suspects will pipe up again as they close in on 65.

Someone in a previous post alluded to the fact that if age 65 passes the FAA will start making ammendments to medical certification(ie more stringent).

I would go along with no age limit at all with stricter medical certification in place. In fact to me that would be preferable to just bumping the age from one cutoff line to another.

Then the usual suspects will just have to whizz and moan about the medical standards when doc tells them they can't command an airliner anymore.

Boeingman said:
BBB did you miss the part where I said I will probably punch out early. Long before 60?

Darn right I missed that part! I looked at your twelve page post (after you had previously made a fifteen page post!) and clicked "next" having not read a single word of your "me, me" dribble.

Boeing ... you knew the rules when you started ... hit the slopes, wax up your board, and go wrestle with your grandkids before you're pushing up the daisies!

Why the hard-on to "work till you die"? (thanks again Dizel ... hilarious!) I feel sorry (in a pathetic way) for those poor slobs out there that can't possibly think of anything else to do than drive an aluminum tube and reminisce about the "good old times" flying the DC-whatever to who-gives-a-rat's-ass-ville" and how its performance was so much better/worse than the "MD-I-couldn't-care-less" extended range whatever! For Christ's sake ... get a life! There are countless worthwhile endeavors you old skin-peeling, grey-haired farts could undertake to help another human being before you expire! Life's not all about you and collecting even MORE wealth!! Move your old tired fanny over and let some of our furloughed military heros have a chance.

The LA area paper I read the other day had a large article with facts showing how over 60 general aviation pilots were disproportionately responsible for far more accidents than their demographics represent. You old geezers are dangerous and you're in denial. If you weren't in denial, you wouldn't be crashing so frequently! How many times has your FO saved you in the last year? Or ... can't you remember that far back??

BBB

Big Beer Belly said:
How many times has your FO saved you in the last year? Or ... can't you remember that far back??

BBB

Actually the other day my F/O was so high he just couldn't get the airplane to the changed runway without my all but taking over, putting down the gear and so forth. These young guys are still learning. Sometimes it takes a life time.

I have finally figured everything out..........but then I forgot it all.
I'll have to start all over now.

UndauntedFlyer said:
Actually the other day my F/O was so high he just couldn't get the airplane to the changed runway without my all but taking over, putting down the gear and so forth. These young guys are still learning. Sometimes it takes a life time.

I have finally figured everything out..........but then I forgot it all.
I'll have to start all over now.

with all that flight time u need a break...peace

THIS IS FOR The Self Centered Red Neck Who Wrote This Post. Go Overseas And Fly Till Your 65 And Stop Giving Everybody Stupid And Narrow Minded Advice.

Undaunted ... retire already! You've got enough ratings and pats on the back ("Good boy undaunted, good boy undaunted") to last a lifetime. Now move your sorry old tired butt outa the seat and let some of our true heros (those military folks furloughed from this once-great industry) have an opportunity to experience what you have. Build yourself an even larger "I Love Me" room in your new house than you already have and reminisce with your pilot neighbors about the glory days of recips and flying the mail or whatever it is that's your claim to aviation immortality. Please share your "nail-biting, cliff-hangars-of-a-story, I-was-there-when, thrill-a-minute old stories" with the blue-haired honeys at the nursing home!

Go get 'em Undaunted! Hoorah!! :D

BBB

Hmm? Age 60 is supposedly all about safety but no one wants tougher medical standards across the board. Even those on Capitol Hill can see through that hypocrisy.

You go get 'em BBB.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back