Over AGE 60 PILOTS TO FLY IN UNITED STATES

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
And, I saw some very senior pilots at Connection. I was told by one of my first Brasilia Captains that we had some near or over 60. If they left before you got there, then great. I have no clue what happened to them.

Yes, they were senior, but they were still under 30 years old. I was there long before the first Brasilia got there, so unfortunately they gave you some bum info.

And, without ALPA, how would most of us do with contract negotiations?

I suppose you ought to ask a UPS guy. ALPA has negotiated the lowest paying contracts in the industry. Seems like a pretty easy job: Pound your fist, sweat bullets, "practice" walking off the job ("hilarical" as my daughter would say), sweat more bullets and then send a concessionary agreement (after the pre-concessions) out with a recommendation.

Those 2300 pilots leaving DL was good for those guys, getting some of their promised pension, and great for the rest of us still around. We all got something, some got cash, some got to stay and not get furloughed or got recalled. We recalled about 900 people due to the retirements.

So only 900 people were forced to quit? Do you feel bad that you couldn't take credit for "getting rid of them"?

Latest resources

Back