• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Organization Of Black Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agreed... the cylce needs to stop...however, it is easier said than done..... isn't that obvious?

A recent book by Sachs, with a forward by Bono of U2, titled The End of Poverty... clearly shows that insisiting that others simply rise up and make the choices we have such as your 1-4 are much easier said than done. (the book is about world poverty, not "poverty" in the US).

How do you expect a 13 year old to make good judgement choices when his entire world is pushing him/her to go in the opposite direction. To simply say... "the child just should" when the resources, skills, leadership, culture and motivation is not there is niave...

To turn our back on people until they make choices 1-4 and not help until they do is irresponsible and weak.

So what is wrong with helping someone obtain the goals of 1-4. What's wrong with mentoring, leading, guiding, helping...etc....

That takes real courage, leadership and strength. That is true power...

Sorry Rez ;) But i find this ironic considering your fairly constant statements about ALPA membership apathy and uninvolvement and even your signature.
So you're saying that leadership does come first?
(!)

The girl's grandmother said this when she was complaining about messing up and not balancing her checkbook:
"That's an Arkansas tooth problem, honey."
"What?" .....
"It's not hard to brush your teeth, but people in Arkansas sure do have a problem with it. You can apply that to anything... it's easier to exercise than to not, easier to be educated than ignorant. Choose your work and your pain, or life will choose it for you-= you can't get through life easy- but it's a lot easier to stay on top of things than not"
I love the south- they have sayings for everything!

Caveman- the part i would disagree with is that we are not a part of the inner city community. Bad things happen when people are broke and undereducated... The Middle East should teach us that. The idea that we can hole up in the suburbs and it will never affect us is naive. (Like ignoring the abuses and poverty in the middle east helped to create 9/11)

Part of being in a good home, a good community, a good nation, ... ie: making this a GOOD WORLD- is doing MORE than you 'should' have to. Get to a school... Show the inner city kids your ideas... You'll be surprised that it might be the first time any of the kids have heard those 4 ideas. It would be good for both of you I promise.

... Bad things happen when people are broke and undereducated... The Middle East should teach us that. The idea that we can hole up in the suburbs and it will never affect us is naive. (Like ignoring the abuses and poverty in the middle east helped to create 9/11)...

I'm sorry but I think that's total nonsense. This is a typical leftie mantra –
- IF we bring up Mexico's economy - the illegal immigration will stop...
- IF we eradicate poverty in Middle East - terrorism will stop, etc, etc...

How about - if we secure our borders - the illegal immigration WILL stop?!
The “broke and undereducated” terrorists of 9/11 came from one of the world's richest countries and they were not broke. Neither were they undereducated - the problem is they were overeducated in the "religion of peace."

Last edited:
One of the richest countries that oppresses their people and does not share the wealth that should be equally theirs.

I find that people are more apt to believe religious BS the more uneducated they are.

btw-

I've grown up and live in America. To call me liberal is a compliment. But in the end i'm a moderate. In politics when you deviate too far from center, bad things happen...

Unless you are taller than 6'5" and 250lbs I doubt I'm smaller than you.....

How about spring time... the D is too cold ths time of year...

Bigger doesn't mean tougher. And I knew you'd find a way to cop out. Rez, you are all talk and no substance. Just let me know when you're ready to man up. I was in Detroit the other day... it wasn't that cold.

But the bannana pudding with the vanilla wafers is soooooo good.

How is anyone harmed by OBAP? Are white guys harmed?

How are white guys harmed? They are denied opportunities based on being the wrong race. As evidenced by the tales of US Air applicants being given gouge and preferential treatment white applicants weren't. That's called "reverse discrimination". and it's a daily FACT here in Atlanta.

Take a white kid... less than 10 years of age... dreams of being a pilot... just like his dad.... he can't wait to turn 15 to take flying lessons. family is well off financially...

dad dies. Income is cut by over 50%. Life insurance kicks in but that goes for everyday living, college funds and retirement.

Now, no money for flying lessons, single mom & kids have to move to lower middle class home. Life is tough.

Kid is angry. Doesn't do well in school, but wants to fly and knows his bad grades will hurt his chances. He is a downward spiral. Temptation to hang with the wrong crowd is there...

Mom would love for him to be a pilot, but really just wants the kid to make it....

Any one care about this white kid? Should he get a push? Maybe a scholarship? maybe a free Air Inc package? maybe a free discovery flight. Maybe a mentor. maybe someone to belive in him.. anyone...???

Oh yeah.... ****** him... cause race is colorblind and you got yours..... he just needs to pull himself up... and its all his fault cause his dad died... and its his dad fault for not making more money and buying more insurance....

Yeah... ******* em all cause you got yours....

MOD INPUT, REZ consider yourself warned about masking the language

Yes, you're 100% right. Nobody cares about him BECAUSE HE IS WHITE. If he were black, he would be eligible for all kinds of government and private scholarships, including ones from OBAP. And don't tell me for one minute that any caucasian has EVER been awarded an OBAP scholarship.

Have you ever been to the WHITE ghettos of Detroit? Warren? River Rouge? Dearborn? Or any city for that matter? Do you think the movie "8 Mile" was just a Hollywood fantasy?

Not only black poor kids are underprivileged. But they are the only ones anyone wants to help THAT is RACISM.

And don't tell me for one minute that any caucasian has EVER been awarded an OBAP scholarship.

Not sure about the scholarship winners, but plenty of caucasians have recieved something even better than a scholarship from OBAP.

It's called a JOB.

Latest resources

Back