• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Organization Of Black Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are disadvantaged kids of every race, including whites.

If we're going to have quotas for "less advantaged" demographics, let's have a "redneck" category on applications for the hillbillies who grew up dirt poor in the backwoods.

Shouldn't they receive the same benefits/assistance as "disadvantaged" minorities?

That's a heluva good point.

I flew with a captain a few weeks ago who didn't have indoor plumbing until he was 15.

My father hitchhiked to college with one suitcase and ten dollars - he's a PhD now.

Both plain old white boys. I guess if they'd have had some help they'd be ok now. (sarcasm fully intended)

PIPE

Sounds good Johnny P.

You're determined to meet in DTW...

You call OBAP and set it up.... give me a set of dates and I'll pick one....

We'll go to the inner city and talk to the kids...

I'll buy the rental car and lunch....

I'll join you. IM me and I'll make it work as well.

The main reason white America is successful is because more of us follow this plan than inner city blacks do. It has nothing to do with racism. It's all about personal responsibility and each community's willingness to stand up and say "Hey! That behavior is inappropriate! Stop it!"

Caveman has it right. It's really so stunningly simple. The black community is almost completely devoid of true leadership. It's pretty obvious to anyone capable of critical thinking that Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are scam artists who profit from keeping blacks feeling downtrodden and oppressed. Genuine positive contributors to the world like Colin Powell, Condelleza Rice, and Bill Cosby are vilified as stooges of whites. Like the middle-east arabs, the culture of blame is to blame anybody and everybody else for your own stupendous failings.

It will be interesting to see if a potential President Obama turns out to be another pandering leach on black society or a true leader that's going to bring black culture in this country kicking and screaming out of its continued downward spiral.

Nope. Wrong again....

So...should airlines hire all MIL guys and only all MIL guys? How about all USAF guys but no tanker guys... and no A-10 guys. How about only F-16/15 and F22 guys?

One reason the AMR A300 crashed out of JFK was the MIL guys running the training dept. They advocated multiple hard rudder deflections... works great in tactical jets.... a problem... the A300 isn't a tactical jet.

You think pilots should be hired based on airman qualifications only. Who gives a shat about TT. You think cause you are white with more TT than the minorities you should get the job.... I'd rather fly with a 2000TT pilot with an excellent character, skillset and personality than a 8000TT toolbox.

I'd rather hire minority who has worked hard to overcome challenges and is not bitter than some entitled SJS white boy.

Diversity is good. And when I say diverstiy I don't mean skin color... I mean life expereince diversity...

Don't be a hater Joe.... it's ugly.

I see you've been drinking the democrats koolaid. Diversity is just a code word for legal discrimination against white males. Wait'll Obama gets in the White House, you ain't seen nothing yet.

If you could eliminate the human factor in that selection then you might have something... but as long as people are picking.. they are going to used biased measurements to select.

IOW, they are going to select people like them.. that have similiar values and characteristics and features.

Even jB tried to lose their good ol boy methodology for selection, but in the end, there was still the inside track to employment.....

Bull$hit.

just wondering

I just want to know why anyone would want children to go into this business..... Everyone's stressed about pay, jobs, schedules, mergers, seniority. Not too many positive threads????

There is a small-but-vocal, disgruntled fringe on this forum that probably doesn't represent pilots as a whole.

Geez you guys. Next time you go to your respective crew lounge, look around and see what the makeup is of your pilot group. Mostly white males I am sure.

Psycho is looking for what is no more than a "role-model" for some inner city kids. It's easier for them to imagine that a job as an airline pilot is attainable, if they see somebody that looks just like themselves has already done it.

I believe there are probably more women pilots now than black pilots, atleast from my observations around airports.

Good luck Psycho.

So I guess "Cracker" can't be a role model for the inner city kids???????

Just for the record I do in fact have black friends, and many of them in the airline industry. (before you start calling me a racist). These friends of mine decided that they could help themselves (just like everyone else) and be ambitious, study hard, and make something of their lives. The problem really is that there have been way too many handouts and the abuse of such handouts. If it needs to be a member of OBAPA to talk to school kids than so be it use a member of the "brotherhood". But my stance will always be that "I think minority quota's for hiring suck" and thats all that this organization is about..... capitalizing on the fact that the airlines will grant interviews on ones race!
(Point 2 "just for the record". I know I'd feel the same way about this if I were black or a female too!)
:angryfire

Here's a gentleman that sees things how it really is:
Click link: "I'm black"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back