• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Organization Of Black Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I respectfully disagree with that rhetoric as I believe that is not what MLK preached. I think we owe them a society that makes darn sure, that color isn't a determining factor in any endeavour. Let a man be judge on his actions and only on his actions, not his origin. That is what it says in the constitution and yes, I do know the irony in that statement.

By perpetuating the guilt society, we will never get any further, as a matter of fact, we will move backwards.

I think the issue is, well at least in my case, is that I honestly do not believe that people regardless of their background should be treated differently. By doing so, we are allowing discrimination, and although in this case, it is reverse discrimination, it should still be viewed as being wrong, right?

Secondly, at what point will the guilt trip be over, 50 years, a hundred, 500? Should we pay reparations? Will that make it better?

I wholeheartedly agree Dizel. If not now, then when do we begin to treat each other with color-blindness?

BBB

Certain outspoken and generally White republican Americans seem to want everyone to know that they built this country and it is what it is today only because of that. To forget the facts that the genocide of Indians(in the millions) and free labor (by the brutal enslavement of an entire race), is what also allowed this country to flourish. To ignore these facts is extremely racist on many levels. We spend many hours a day loving the heroics of the "Forefathers", "Founding Fathers" our "Father's Fathers" and the "Flags of our Fathers".
Lets interject real history and not revise history in to the quintessential American dream. American history has been white washed into apple pie and baseball. While many great and wonderful things have been done by white Americans lets not forget those "Fathers" of ours were enslaving blacks and killing the Natives of this country. History needs to reflect that... that way we don't fall into the trap of arrogance and self-righteousness. We SCREAM about "illegal" aliens these days without ANY moral shame. Everyone who's come to this country from 1490 until the United States of America was formed came here "illegally". Whites didn't come here with altruistic goals in mind, they came to benefit THEMSELVES just like anyone else. English trading companies came to steal resources, Christian Missionaries came to convert the peaceful masses, and People looking to just make a living on basically "free" land. We forced black slaves to speak English, yet Spanish on occasion is anti-American. When we go to war and civilians are killed we call them collateral damage, when anyone else does it we selectively label them as terrorists(depending on if we need something from them or not). So to turn around and judge anyone ESPECIALLY the black community with a severe eye is hypocritical and the height of immorality.

We judge others by thier actions and ourselves by our thoughts....

No volunteers from the white guys to go to DTW inner city... I thought we were color blind?

Rez,

You must be exceptionally slow on the uptake to have missed the point of the last 150 or so posts... I'll repeat it s-l-o-w-l-y... no white guys were invited. Only BLACK pilots need apply... and apparently only BLACK pilots from a similarly underprivileged background in particular need apply. The original poster (Psycho) is a white airline pilot with a child who attends the very school in question.

I suggest you try Reading Dynamics for better comprehension in the future. :D

BBB

Rez,

You must be exceptionally slow on the uptake to have missed the point of the last 150 or so posts... I'll repeat it s-l-o-w-l-y... no white guys were invited. Only BLACK pilots need apply... and apparently only BLACK pilots from a similarly underprivileged background in particular need apply. The original poster (Psycho) is a white airline pilot with a child who attends the very school in question.

I suggest you try Reading Dynamics for better comprehension in the future. :D

BBB

More accurately, we honkeys we told we're not welcome, because black inner city kids can't relate to some white guy telling them how great piloting is. They have to relate to a brotha who shares their background and overcame the same "obstacles". Funny, there's lots of poor white kids in Detroit, Rouge, Warren, Eastpointe, Hamtramck, Dearborn, and lots of other crappy ghettos. But as you said, only blacks need apply. THAT is the true irony of this discussion about racism. It's ok for them to discriminate, but not for us.

One specific Demographic is being requested you Moron. Please reread my original post.
Every time I visit this website I am embarrassed to be an Airline Pilot.
No suprise that we have been so completely bent over by management. They may be morally bankrupt but at least they continued to mature after High School.

It turns out there was a specific demographic being requested. Care to rephrase your high-minded rant, genius?

Latest resources

Back