• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Organization Of Black Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
... I'm sorry but I think that's total nonsense. This is a typical leftie mantra –
- IF we bring up Mexico's economy - the illegal immigration will stop...
- IF we eradicate poverty in Middle East - terrorism will stop, etc, etc...

How about - if we secure our borders - the illegal immigration WILL stop?!
The “broke and undereducated” terrorists of 9/11 came from one of the world's richest countries and they were not broke. Neither were they undereducated - the problem is they were overeducated in the "religion of peace."

How about both?

Bigger doesn't mean tougher. And I knew you'd find a way to cop out. Rez, you are all talk and no substance. Just let me know when you're ready to man up. I was in Detroit the other day... it wasn't that cold.

Sounds good Johnny P.

You're determined to meet in DTW...

You call OBAP and set it up.... give me a set of dates and I'll pick one....

We'll go to the inner city and talk to the kids...

I'll buy the rental car and lunch....

You want to compare relatively economically stable college educated professionals with inner city kids?

There are disadvantaged kids of every race, including whites.

If we're going to have quotas for "less advantaged" demographics, let's have a "redneck" category on applications for the hillbillies who grew up dirt poor in the backwoods.

Shouldn't they receive the same benefits/assistance as "disadvantaged" minorities?

Compartments and compartmentalization through partnership and plausible deniability while blaming "quotas" and "the government".

Not that it matters but I was flat out told but United's Nancy Stutke in 1997 that I "was not competitive for other pilots in my category".

I said, "Que?"

She said, "You need 7,000 hours and 4 type ratings to be competitive."

I say, "Well how come I know of a few friends at work (yes, I have black, yellow, red, female and brown friends:nuts: ) who just got hired with less time and less type ratings (3,000TT and 1 type).

She said, "You are a white male (under her breath)".

I just hit 7,000 hours in 2007. That's 10 years of potential seniority loss at a carrier that I never interviewed at because I am white and therefore not qualified. I withdrew my app and never applied again.

Not harmed by UAL/OBAP? Sure. I agree. OBAP is nothing more than a mechanism for recruiting standards UAL under Stutke championed.

I did also lose about 300 numbers at US Airways when I was held up for 3 months in the pool because, according to the pilot recruiting department (phone convo) that they needed to maintain a certain class ration quota in regards to EEOC requirements.

How much harm there? In light of what's happened at US with the seniority fallout? Nothing. I'd still be junior to a 2005 hire. What would it have meant though if I had gone on to retire like I was supposed to as #1... after being there for 4 years?

EEOC can kiss my white ass in regards to mandating hiring quotas for a safety sensitive job but then causing recruitment departments to adjust the mins downward for those minorities to qualify for an interview. OBAP wasn't part of a solution to this problem therefore, by default, it was not helping to solve it. At the very least, it resembled an arms dealer working with 3rd world countries.

So in order for you to have gotten hired.... who would not have gotten hired....

If you want to play to the total competitive game, there is always someone better, faster, stronger than you.....

based on that, you'd never get hired....

SR-71 pilots and NASA astronauts have been denied employment at UAL, AMR, etc... why?

Have you considered Stuke didn't tell you everything?

So in order for you to have gotten hired.... who would not have gotten hired....

If you want to play to the total competitive game, there is always someone better, faster, stronger than you.....

SR-71 pilots and NASA astronauts have been denied employment at UAL, AMR, etc... why?

Rez...you are advocating racial preference........pure and simple.....You believe it is OK to choose someone because of their race.....

PC racism is OK.......

There are disadvantaged kids of every race, including whites.

If we're going to have quotas for "less advantaged" demographics, let's have a "redneck" category on applications for the hillbillies who grew up dirt poor in the backwoods.

Shouldn't they receive the same benefits/assistance as "disadvantaged" minorities?

You see this is what happens when your parents are "brother and sister."
How can anyone take this POS seriously?
Tanker/jmoney/jerk406, all the same troll posting useless stuff!
So troll, when you take your white hood to the cleaners, do you have it laundered, or dry cleaned?

Rez...you are advocating racial preference........pure and simple.....You believe it is OK to choose someone because of their race.....

PC racism is OK.......

Nope. Wrong again....

So...should airlines hire all MIL guys and only all MIL guys? How about all USAF guys but no tanker guys... and no A-10 guys. How about only F-16/15 and F22 guys?

One reason the AMR A300 crashed out of JFK was the MIL guys running the training dept. They advocated multiple hard rudder deflections... works great in tactical jets.... a problem... the A300 isn't a tactical jet.

You think pilots should be hired based on airman qualifications only. Who gives a shat about TT. You think cause you are white with more TT than the minorities you should get the job.... I'd rather fly with a 2000TT pilot with an excellent character, skillset and personality than a 8000TT toolbox.

I'd rather hire minority who has worked hard to overcome challenges and is not bitter than some entitled SJS white boy.

Diversity is good. And when I say diverstiy I don't mean skin color... I mean life expereince diversity...

Don't be a hater Joe.... it's ugly.

Did I mention that I once worked in a major airline recruitment department?

Did I mention that Nancy (UAL) wasn't the only one practicing these quota staffing methods. She was just stupid enough to say it with the conviction that the quotas were a good thing.

The sky is vast...

I'd rather hire minority who has worked hard to overcome challenges and is not bitter than some entitled SJS white boy.

Diversity is good. And when I say diverstiy I don't mean skin color... I mean life expereince diversity...

Don't be a hater Joe.... it's ugly.

The issue is really not about who is hired... entirely.

The issue is really about how candidates are selected for the interview based on race and how they are slotted for class dates based on quotas for the class.

Basically, if there are more white (soon to be a minority by 2034) candidates for a class but there needs to be XX% of minorities, a higher percentage of minorities are getting called for interviews and fast-tracking it to class getting a seniority number before their white candidates.

Actually hiring that minority with less experience than a white counterpart (or the "average" overall experience of all candidates) is a temptation on the part of the recruitment department just to make the quota.

Safety sensitive job = need for experience.

Attitude, aptitude and ability are also measured during the interview process but we aren't talking about that here... at least I'm not. Those aspects are self-evident and not racially profiled.

I think the best candidate for the job should be picked. No strings. No quotas. No gouge. No OBAP.

The best candidate based on MANY factors that the interview process is designed to metric. Race is hardly important in this job as I never can see the pilots from the back anyway when riding.

I think the best candidate for the job should be picked. No strings. No quotas. No gouge. No OBAP.

If you could eliminate the human factor in that selection then you might have something... but as long as people are picking.. they are going to used biased measurements to select.

IOW, they are going to select people like them.. that have similiar values and characteristics and features.

Even jB tried to lose their good ol boy methodology for selection, but in the end, there was still the inside track to employment.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back