• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just a few observations...

The worlds BEST golfer is black...
There may be a black president soon...
The heavyweight boxing champion is white...
as a matter of fact the heavyweight division of boxing is dominated by white athletes....

A movie called..."STEP UP 2 the streets" depicts
White kids dancing like black kids...

white rappers...white r&b singers....

Point is .... the next generation may be what is necessary to change this archaic way of thinking as represented on this thread...

It should be about the kids NOT this back and forth bickering about color, nepotism, advantages, etc....

I have worked at three airlines and I can tell you that favoritism, advantages, preferential hiring is NOT limited to minorities, and women.

Like Chris Rock said to a white audience.... "It is good to be a white man in America...non of you motha *************************ers would trade places with me and I AM RICH!

Again, change would be nice... being a mentor for at least ONE DAY would be nice!

If someone offered you an advantage...would you take it? And if you did, shouldn't you PAY IT FORWARD?

Mayber if there were more positive mentors in DTW and MEM...maybe crime wouldn't be as bad as it is now....just hope you guys don't leave the hotel on those MEM overnights...

OCRAP is the subconscious nagging that CRAPs (cons repub airline pilots) get when they vote for pro company anti pilot candidates.....

Not sure if you'll get jobs via OCRAP.... more like furloughs, paycuts, lost pensions and unreturned phone calls..... all while the Elitist are laughing all the way to bank! They take you money and your votes!
Yeah, at least with ALPA everyone gets furlough protection, pay raises, better pensions, and the phones are never busy, right?! :rolleyes: All while the Elitist alpos are donating the money to the liberal causes.

That’s right, ALPA - the great savior to all pilots. Pilots of the World Unite! Yeah right! :laugh:

No beef in the fight but in a sense I don’t blame the USAirways’ pilots for trying a de-Bathification, sorry I meant de-ALPAzation of their portion of the airline.

J

Point is .... the next generation may be what is necessary to change this archaic way of thinking as represented on this thread...

It should be about the kids NOT this back and forth bickering about color, nepotism, advantages, etc....

Negative,

It will keep going on and on and on until something explodes. Kids aren't dumb. Mine have already asked why there is a black history month, why are there academic societies based on race or culture at school etc etc. Is every other month white history month? Try answering those...

Or how-a-bout explaining the election. When they are talking about the black vote, latino vote, white evangelical vote.

We promote this crap. Until we address history as history and reward and acknowledge people for what the have accomplished and not what they are, racism will be alive and well.

Bleagle its a novel idea, but I don't see it changing when we are defining people more and more by race.

Last edited:
According to many of your logics I would be a perfect candidate for an airline. Latino, 3500+TT, ATP and turbine PIC time and a member of OBAP. I have applied for all major airlines hiring except United and I have not received a call from ANY OF THEM. I call the bul$hit card on "minorities can get a job just for being black/latino/female." Everyone has to work as hard.

My child's Teacher is interested in having a Pilot present to a 2nd grade class during Black History Month. Our shhool is located in the northeast suburbs of Detroit. If anyone has any availability, please PM me and we can share details.

Thanks

Unless I missed some major legislation changes, children of all races, gender, and religious beliefs are enrolled in this school. And this organization allows all members. Isn't this just Adults guiding Children to the profession they love and everything else just worthless personal opinions. Even if only one child is ever helped by this effort, than it was a complete success. Regardless of the month, organization, and school this is nothing more that people donating their time in an attempt to help children. I attended a privelleged public school and nobody ever came there to let me know what was REALY involved in becoming a pilot and the life I would have in it's pursuit. If they had I would probably have become a rich executive with my own jet!

The title of this thread implies that one specific demographic of pilot is preferred for this requirement.

Isn't that racism?

I spoke to a class of 4th graders from my hometown a few years back. On of the girls said she wanted to be a pilot but a boy in the class told her she couldn't and could only be a flight attendant. I told the young boy he was wrong and told them about flying with female captains. Later I sent them a few pictures of female captains sitting in the left seat. According to the teacher, it was very empowering to the girls in the class. Further more, I think it sent a positive message to the boys in the class about the falsities of gender stereotypes. Imagine what it would have been like for them if a female pilot came in...

On a similar note, having some old white guy walk into a class of young black students and tell them they can be whatever they want might sound a little suspect. How could somebody who would be perceived as being from the "suburbs" expect to have any credibility with the kids? I think the idea is having somebody who the kids could identify with be the one to deliver words of encouragement.

Maybe that's why the thought of having a black president is so interesting. It completely shatters the idea of a glass ceiling existing for different ethnicities.

Yeah, at least with ALPA everyone gets furlough protection, pay raises, better pensions, and the phones are never busy, right?! :rolleyes: All while the Elitist alpos are donating the money to the liberal causes.

That’s right, ALPA - the great savior to all pilots. Pilots of the World Unite! Yeah right! :laugh:

No beef in the fight but in a sense I don’t blame the USAirways’ pilots for trying a de-Bathification, sorry I meant de-ALPAzation of their portion of the airline.

Not sure where you got your romance of ALPA or the idea that ALPA is all things wonderful....

As I said on the USAPA thread... ALPA is like our dysfunctional alcoholic mother...

She may not be the best, and may not do best for all the kids.... but she is still our mom....

Not sure where you got your romance of ALPA or the idea that ALPA is all things wonderful....

As I said on the USAPA thread... ALPA is like our dysfunctional alcoholic mother...

She may not be the best, and may not do best for all the kids.... but she is still our mom...

I'm not anti union, far from it - however Alpa will never be my "mom." Moms are supposed to protect their own - ask any TWA'er how Alpo sold out their own...

If Alpa is supposed to be "our mom" I'd rather stay in foster care...

I spoke to a class of 4th graders from my hometown a few years back. On of the girls said she wanted to be a pilot but a boy in the class told her she couldn't and could only be a flight attendant. I told the young boy he was wrong and told them about flying with female captains. Later I sent them a few pictures of female captains sitting in the left seat. According to the teacher, it was very empowering to the girls in the class. Further more, I think it sent a positive message to the boys in the class about the falsities of gender stereotypes. Imagine what it would have been like for them if a female pilot came in...

On a similar note, having some old white guy walk into a class of young black students and tell them they can be whatever they want might sound a little suspect. How could somebody who would be perceived as being from the "suburbs" expect to have any credibility with the kids? I think the idea is having somebody who the kids could identify with be the one to deliver words of encouragement.

Maybe that's why the thought of having a black president is so interesting. It completely shatters the idea of a glass ceiling existing for different ethnicities.

Great post amongst all of this bile.

Latest resources

Back