Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez,

A famous saying loosely translated comes to mind:

It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. :eek:

BBB

I thought the same of you...

Why are you threatened by black pilots visiting black kids in the inner city...

I'm still waiting for your PM, Rez. I'll meet with you and we'll go talk to the kids in Detroit together. Time to step up, little man. Send me the details.

Unless you are taller than 6'5" and 250lbs I doubt I'm smaller than you.....

How about spring time... the D is too cold ths time of year...

Trying to get poor kids interested in flying is a great idea.....

There are plenty of poor white kids in rural West Virginia......would it be OK to request a white pilot to speak to them, or would that be racist?

Racism works BOTH ways.....

Trying to get poor kids interested in flying is a great idea.....

There are plenty of poor white kids in rural West Virginia......would it be OK to request a white pilot to speak to them, or would that be racist?

Racism works BOTH ways.....

Nothing wrong with starting the organization of white pilots association!

Nothing wrong with starting the organization of white pilots association!

I don't see the point in doing that, but if it was done, it would be considered racist.....Picking people because of race is wrong......be it white, black, brown, or yellow....

Maybe we should start a professional mentoring association where both white and black pilots/professionals reach out to provide much needed mentorship to all our disadvantaged american youth.

How many of you webboard warriors be up for that..???

OR would you deny helping others and continue living your self-serving, self-centered lives?

Maybe we should start a professional mentoring association where both white and black pilots/professionals reach out to provide much needed mentorship to all our disadvantaged american youth.

How about we just leave race out of it all together?

I utterly fail to see why this is such a difficult concept for some to understand. :confused:

BBB

My experience with OBAP...

Oh yeah. I remember OBAP.

During the interview at US Airways in 1999, several of the applicants fitting the "profile" received welcome (gouge) packets courtesy of US Airways and OBAP. Sim profiles, interview questions, etc.

Me... Nothing.

I still got hired, on my own using my own networking and prep work. I just wonder why the OBAP kids needed a helping hand from Capt'n Lonnie Robinson and OBAP to make it though the same interview.

Always wondered about this... never sat well with me. There are so many ways to pick this issue apart but I'll leave it with the fact that a pilot position should be filled by the best qualified of applicants... not the best of each quota to be filled as determined by the EEOC.

EEOC knows nothing about flying a Cat III, airframe icing or how to calculate holding fuel. I'd rather have the highest high time most experienced crew members up front when I ride in the back.

Oh who am I kidding.... pilot shortage. The airlines are lucky to find anyone who wants this as a career anymore; red, white, blue yellow, black, Puerto Rican or otherwise.

I'm all for OBAP generating interest in pilot IN GENERAL. Not just for black kids. There are plenty of poor latino kids and white kids and asian kids at those schools OBAP goes to.

The pilot profession is divided enough and the only colors that pilots need to know about is white an blue.

White is the color of the collar that management wears. Blue is your color.

Green? That's what the white wants to keep from the blue as much as possible.

Oh yeah. I remember OBAP.

During the interview at US Airways in 1999, several of the applicants fitting the "profile" received welcome (gouge) packets courtesy of US Airways and OBAP. Sim profiles, interview questions, etc.

Me... Nothing.

Did you do a interview prep?

Previous Millitary?

Will Fly for Food?

Air Inc?

All of the above will provide the same info the OBAP guys had. Where do you think they got the idea from?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back