• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Organization Of Black Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Racism is racism. Organizations such as OBAP feel it is acceptable to have a race-based agenda because their constituents have historically been persecuted. I, and others, disagree. If this society is to progress to one of color-blindness (the ideal as espoused by MLK) then organizations that are race-based continue to perpetuate racism. Taking the emotion out of this touchy subject, I fail to see how anyone can argue this important point. Attempting to "right" a wrong with another wrong (affirmative action) is wrong, IMO.

The Organization of Black Airline Pilots is clearly a group of individuals identified by their race. The same goes for the Congressional Black Caucus (promotes causes of interest in the black community), the United Negro College Fund (ostensibly funds gathered benefit only blacks), the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (again the organization's title appears self-explanatory).

I do not support any organization which attempts to divide our society based on race, gender or sexual orientation. For this reason, I am also not a proponent of Women In Aviation.

If not now, then when exactly do we internalize the teachings of great civil rights leaders and start treating (judging) each other by the content of one's character rather than the color of one's skin? The same question goes for gender?

BBB

I agree with you. We don't need any other race or gender taking more than the the 1% jobs they have. I mean c'mon, they get everything they need and they are never discriminated against. I'm tired of being discriminated against, at my pilot interview they told me that they already had 9,000+ white pilots and 50 minorities and they weren't sure if they were going to give me the job or to the 51st minority or woman. ALPA and every other pilot organization should be enough. Jeez, soon they'll want to be President.

Growing up I NEVER saw any of those groups in my school or in any others. OBAP was there.

So there are no poor white people, Chinese people, Hispanic people? Why not advocate an organization that is for helping underprivileged kids and skip the whole race thing.

So there are no poor white people, Chinese people, Hispanic people? Why not advocate an organization that is for helping underprivileged kids and skip the whole race thing.

Careful AC560... you're teetering on the pivotal truth here. OBAP is not seeking equal treatment, a color-blind society, or any such "nonsense". It's a classic racist organization seeking "SPECIAL TREATMENT".

Visit their website and you will see they have "negotiated" special deals with certain airlines for BLACK applicants to receive "special consideration".

This is 2008; a BLACK presidential candidate has received broad national support and could very well become our next president. For some who have a ve$ted interest in perpetuating the racial divisions in society this is terrible news. It's terrible because it indicates that our nation is not nearly as racially divided as the race-baiting activists would have you believe. Imagine the fund-raising challenges these societal pariahs will have if a BLACK president is elected President of the United States.

BBB

BBB:

If you character promotes colorless or color blindness then it wouldn't matter to you if a white guy or a black guy was requested....

Go to the inner city my man... your character is calling you.....

BBB:

If you character promotes colorless or color blindness then it wouldn't matter to you if a white guy or a black guy was requested....

Go to the inner city my man... your character is calling you.....

Rez,

A famous saying loosely translated comes to mind:

It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. :eek:

BBB

I'm founding the NCAA.

National Caucasian Advancement Association.

.... we're still knee deep in litigation with some entity called the "National Collegiate Athletic Association."

Funds for the war chest are always welcome. PM for details.

Latest resources

Back