• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Organization Of Black Airline Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For the first time ever, if General Lee were to interject on this thread, it would be a definite step up.

Seems to me, the purpose of the thread, before it's massive de-railment, was to solicit the help of anyone who wants to go speak at inner-city schools.

Can anybody deny that black kids in America, and perhaps Detroit especially, need positive role-models to come talk to them and show that they care?

IMO the best scenario would be to have a black AND a white pilot go speak together. The reasons for this are obvious. Anyway, I'm a Michigan native and only a 3 hour drive from Detroit. I'd be interested in helping if I'm able.

P.S. RAH captain, (I know it's a regional OMG!), white guy...

Last edited:
_____My electric co-op magazine had a letter to the editor that claimed that all Americans are African Americans. Since the proponderance of scientific evidence has concluded that all modern humans descended from ancestors that originated in Africa, ALL AMERICANS ARE AFRICAN AMERICAN.
_____Good logic, works for me. Anyone wanna try that at their next interview?
_____Now let's all sing Koombaya, beeotches!:beer:

BBB:

If you character promotes colorless or color blindness then it wouldn't matter to you if a white guy or a black guy was requested....

Go to the inner city my man... your character is calling you.....

I'm still waiting for your PM, Rez. I'll meet with you and we'll go talk to the kids in Detroit together. Time to step up, little man. Send me the details.

I'll admit I didn't read this whole thread, but aren't like 98% of airline pilots white. Why do so may people feel threatend? Also if I understand it correctly, everyone is allowed too join OBAP and welcomed in with opened arms. To the pilots who want a white airline pilots assoc. That would be great but based on what need. Remember that for years pilots who were not white (women,minorities,etc) had a very hard time obtaining interviews and jobs due to the social structure at the time. Hence these organizations were created. Now that the enviorment is more equitable, there is a backlash against the names of these org's. It makes no sense that OBAP or any other org. change their name in order to assuage pilots who are ignorant of the true intent of these groups. It's kind of of a moot point anyway. Regionals are now giving signing bonuses to anyone willing to show up. My how times have changed.

Last edited:
Idiots

The greatest part of this whole thread is that it started as a simple question and flamed by those inividuals who are "so very concerned" about that discrimination of OBAP. First of all, you have just incriminated all the major and regional airlines because they have close ties to the organization. So whoever you work for, make sure you write your CEO and tell them you don't appreciate your employer associating with such a heinous organization.

Best of all, the typical "I know whats best for you" attitude, mostly displayed by either conservative or evangelical or so called christians. My guess is that you probably fit into one of these hypocritical groups. Try this on for size. Mind your own business and try running your own life and stop acting like you know what's best for everyone else or every other race.

You guys make me laugh. The Bush's and Huckabee's of this world. Round em up and put em in a circus! Oh yeah, did I mention mind your business! You guys are a funny bunch.

Speaking of "ignorance," your signature fills that bill.

Thanks for the hypocrisy, though.

:laugh:
This coming from the same doosh posting as tanker clown!

Shouldn't you be getting your white mask to the dry cleaners?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back