• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA wants DOH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, but how many years does it take to do that?

A lot, that's because it's desirable. But, just so I understand your thinking, why does it matter? How long would it take you to hold a narrow body line in ATL? Just asking because I'm curious, I'm not trying to start more debating on something we have no control over.

Last edited:
Just wait til NWA pilots hired in 1998 see that they will be junior to 2007 Delta pilots. Let the fire works begin.
Just two years ago Delta was in BK and had over a thousand pilots on furlough. Then they hire like crazy and all these pilots feel that they have better prospects then a NWA pilot who has been there for 10 years. What a concept.

M

MCDU,

The thing is, they COULD have better prospects than a 10 year NWA pilot. Conversely, the NWA pilot could have better prospects (assuming you mean future career potential). I just had this discussion with my captain tonight... all we could figure out is that this is your standard goat rodeo as hard facts are difficult to find. These integrations are more art than science.

USAPA or ALPA would not have changed a thing up to now at USAIR. ALPA had no way to get the ALPA NIC SLI together.

How people forget that a DOH SLI has protection to ones seat they had a time of merger and that in 10 years the only pilots left will be mostly AWA. Average age is 56 in the East and all those 30 year old AWA pilots will have to wait their turn. Hopefully ALPA can once again put DOH as a foundation to being a Union pilot and not base it on luck.
NWA and Delta are looking a lot like the AWA AAA debacle.

M

Last edited:
How people forget that a DOH SLI has protection to ones seat they had a time of merger and that in 10 years the only pilots left will be mostly AWA.

We can only hope. The The USAPA-initiating East pilots are a disgrace to the industry.

I can hold a narrow body line in ATL, have been for well over a year. I can also hold a line on the ER here in ATL.

Can't happen. Contract becomes effective the day of DCC, with a SLI. No matter what happens we will have an SLI before DCC. In essence there is no way to fight the out come. Our ALPA leaders learned that from USAir.

If there was a ratio type intergration 7 to 5 mixed where DOH was used to keep things fair in cases where a NWA pilot hired in 1990 wouldnt not be senior to a DAL pilot in 1985 or a DAL pilot hired in 2007 would not be senior to a NWA pilot hired in 2001. etc. Then have aircraft fences for 5yrs to protect pilots who want to stay in there current aircraft, so if any DAL pilot want to bid a Delta aircraft they get priority over a NWA pilot 1st, then it goes to seniority after that. After 5 years when the massive retirements start people will be able to only move up from what they hold now!! Everybody has to give to GAIN the benefit of being part of the worlds largest airline. It will be interesting to see what happens when the aircraft get moved around ex. will a NWA pilot bid 320 fo in MSP to stay home based or take a A330 base in ATL or SEA and have to commute or will a DAL pilot in 767 ATL based bid 737 FO or mdd 88 in ATL or commute to JFK or MSP to stay on a 767?? I know there are a million of what if scenarios but, everyone is so concerned about being able to hold what they hold now but from what delta is saying about putting the right aircraft in the right stop there could be a fair amount of aircraft changing bases and for pilots that live in base that will be more important then what you fly

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back