• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA wants DOH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Other than all this internet masterbation, that is all anyone can do. Reality is unless one side gives in (AAI) or the other lowers the expectations of the mid/low seniority pilots I don't see how you can get a list without arbitration.

Well sit back and watch!

Gup

And what's that gonna get you? How many years are we since the AWA/USAir Nic award?

That abortion set the precedence that binding is not "really" binding, right?

Not really. Binding is binding, and Final is final. The Nicolau list remains the ONLY seniority list that Mr. Parker has accepted. The courts (while stating that the DFR case was not ripe...yet) have state that USAPA is as free to negotiate seniority as its predecessor (implying that ALPA was NOT free to change the final & binding arbitration, BUT that ALPA was required to deliver & defend said list).

It's been 4 years since the honorable George Nicolau delivered his decision. Since that time, USAPA has lost 2 RICO attempts at persecution, one DFR Lawsuit (although considered not ripe yet). USAPA has won delay only, and garnered HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS straight into the pockets of LCC, LCC upper management & stock holders. They have also managed to pay handsomely the USAPA officers (Cleary got nearly $200,000 .......High Five!).

The amount of money lost in this paper chase for DOH will be staggering, and nothing to show for it.

Bump.....a walk down memory lane, Notice all the Southwest guys chiming in on the NWA/DAL SLI topic? Looks like NONE.

Bump=TOOL=PFT doosh!
I see time isn't the only thing you have on your hands digging up a 3 year old thread.;)
It's ok sparky, I understand your frustration as you will now be yanking gear for a very long time to come. Funnier yet, is that Air Tran guy/gal you'll be doing it for, didn't buy their job like you had to!:laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Have you delta geeks ever been right? I'll bet any one of you that SWA will hire more than delta in the next year, 2 years, and 3 years- as the smaller airline. Again- what are you bragging about. It's a major- you got a good future- but you aren't the #1 gig.

I always think of this lyric when you geeks spout off:
"you ain't gotta like me, you're just mad cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be"

Or used to be....

So go on hatin- thank you for that- makes me feel good- and keep up your debate about how DAL used to be so great and will be again later---
Just make sure you ignore the Present....

Have you delta geeks ever been right? I'll bet any one of you that SWA will hire more than delta in the next year, 2 years, and 3 years- as the smaller airline. Again- what are you bragging about. It's a major- you got a good future- but you aren't the #1 gig.

I always think of this lyric when you geeks spout off:
"you ain't gotta like me, you're just mad cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be"

Or used to be....

So go on hatin- thank you for that- makes me feel good- and keep up your debate about how DAL used to be so great and will be again later---
Just make sure you ignore the Present....

You're dreaming if you think other airlines won't match or beat your current rates, which is good because that helps everyone. But, your flying lacks variety, with only 737s and now 717s. If the money was the same or better, and the choice of domestic or international flying was available, then most would go for money PLUS flying and airplane variety. When that happens, expect many from the bottom of your combined list (and maybe some from the middle) to jump ship.

OYS

Last edited:
If the money was the same or better, and the choice of domestic or international flying was available, then most would go for money PLUS flying and airplane variety.

If that were the case, I would be happy flying a 172 at my local airport spending every night at home in my own bed. Work rules and schedule are the things that matter with $$$ coming in third place.

X

If that were the case, I would be happy flying a 172 at my local airport spending every night at home in my own bed. Work rules and schedule are the things that matter with $$$ coming in third place.

X

A good contract will have all of that, and the pay. Throw in a place that allows you an actual choice to fly different planes to different cities foreign and domestic, and you might have a great career that doesn't bore you after year ten. 13 leg 3 day trips start to suck after year 5, regardless of the pay. FedEx pays great too, but constant allnighters might get to you after awhile if you can't hold day trips yet. And really, you'd be happy in a C172 if it paid well? Whatever. Go do it and play the Powerball.

OYS

Last edited:
Again with the future arguments- by all means, dont talk about reality as it is now- stay in dreamland- I hope you do too, for all our sake- but you're bragging about something you've been trying to do for years and haven't been able to.

Then when swa gets a third, bigger type and starts going to those various spots w/ 3 types- what will you say then??
And before you say it'll never happen- considering each airline's financials- I'd say it's more likely we'll get bigger equipment before you match our w-2s. And my fantasyland scenario is just as valid as yours.

Right now, I'm content working for a company that not only doesn't want to ******************** me, but has proven over and again that it cares- schedule, work environment and pay- that's a lot of QOL

Latest resources

Back