• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NWA wants DOH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
USAPA or ALPA would not have changed a thing up to now at USAIR. ALPA had no way to get the ALPA NIC SLI together.
M
Absolutely untrue!

ALPA National should have put the AAAMEC into receivership when it pulled out of joint negotiations. It owed the AWA pilots the duty to see that the rules were followed. Instead they traded ransom notes on negotiations the east had long since killed. Criticism of ALPA's molly-coddling the east in hopes of keeping them from bolting are justified. Blaming ALPA national for the mess the east was in is not.

Going along with Single Carrier status was another shortsighted move on ALPA's part. They should have seen what was coming and fought that tooth and nail, instead Prater was in DC biting his nails.

Strong decisive action from ALPA national would not have kept the east from bolting, but they would have kept USAPA out of the picture until the SLI and joint contract were completed.

But I'm probably mising the big picture. The east pilots have long wanted to show their dominance over - well, anybody. Perhaps nothing will satisfy them short of complete liquidation. Then will come the moans of "The good old days, when USAPA showed 'em who's boss".

Absolutely untrue!

ALPA National should have put the AAAMEC into receivership .

They flirted with the idea (they did replace the PHL reps and propped up the ALPA stooges named Marshall and Lance in CLT).

But even ALPA knew that the whole reason for the mess was that ALPA had no SLI method that could produce a fair and equitable result for at least 51% of the pilots, so they were starring down the barrel of a decertification that would cost them $11 million a year.

If they had forced the NIC it would not have saved the mothers-ship of ALPA, and to bitchslap pilots on the way out would only serve to prolong the time in which ALPA could have any hope of wooing their wayward street walkers back into the fold.

DOH is to a union what the gold standard is to money.

DOH in the airline industry is simply a way to determine your relative seniority within your own company for bidding, non-reving etc. It's has little to no importance in a merger as has been determined by multiple modern arbitrations.

DOH in the airline industry is simply a way to determine your relative seniority within your own company for bidding, non-reving etc. It's has little to no importance in a merger as has been determined by multiple modern arbitrations.

And that is exactly why ALPA isn't what it claims to be.:cool:

Just remember, you are a Delta pilot and this why you feel this way. Its fine, but realize you are biased.

yes, I am. But I have been consistant. I don't believe DOH should apply in any merger. No two dates of hire are the same. I believed that when it looked like we might be buying Jetblue, I believed it when AWA bought USAir, and I believe it now.

Unless you can look me in the eye and tell me you think all mergers should be DOH (NWA-USair for example, or more extreme Delta-Comair, or even with a national list) then your DOH argument doesn't fly.

Bottom line though is ALPA policy is not DOH. If you want it changed, then try to get it changed. Until then, try to make an argument that fits within the guidelines set up by ALPA policy.

And that is exactly why ALPA isn't what it claims to be.:cool:

Ah! A bile-tinged non-sequitur.

Find any reference to Date of Hire in ALPA Merger Policy.

The SLI Arbitration concerning DAL and NWA is not being conducted under the the aegis of ALPA Merger Policy.

Your rock misses you. Crawl back under.

Ah! A bile-tinged non-sequitur.

Find any reference to Date of Hire in ALPA Merger Policy.

The SLI Arbitration concerning DAL and NWA is not being conducted under the the aegis of ALPA Merger Policy.

Your rock misses you. Crawl back under.

You have such a short sighted perspective, and so little desire to look. To find DOH in ALPA policy you would have to go back to yonder years when they were a union. Which was the point you so eloquently tried to change.:laugh:

Latest resources

Back